Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Please come show off your poncetastically homemade Christmas gifts and decorations. And/or your child's Xmas crafty efforts

(70 Posts)
HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Nov-12 12:54:37

Hello.

Have you been doing any poncetastic prep for Christmas?

Do please post up some pics of your homemade decorations and/or homemade gifts for us all to gawp at.

Or, if your child has brought home (or made at home) any brilliant/endearingly wonky Xmas crafts, do take a snap and post them up too.

<throws glitter EVERYWHERE>

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Nov-12 13:01:06

We'll start you all off with a pic of a slightly conventional-angle-defying Christmas candle fashioned by RebeccaMumsnet's DS <bless his cottons>

carovioletfizz Mon 19-Nov-12 13:10:21

Here's mine....a London themed glittery tree decoration!

Kveta Mon 19-Nov-12 13:10:58

ooh, we have done LOADS of christmas themed craft, I will need to get some photos. Best so far were some 'mistletoes' for the great-grandparents (by 3 month old DD and 3 yo DS). not sure about making them in to christmas trees, or keeping them unadorned though.

carovioletfizz Mon 19-Nov-12 13:11:05

oh dear didn't work. Will try again later....not sure what I did wrong!

Kveta Mon 19-Nov-12 13:11:52

yours worked caro mine doesn't seem to have though?

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Nov-12 13:20:39

carovioletfizz

oh dear didn't work. Will try again later....not sure what I did wrong!

It did work <lovely!>

They just take a while to load sometimes smile

Primrose123 Mon 19-Nov-12 13:22:01

Caro and Kveta I can see them both, they have worked!

peeriebear Mon 19-Nov-12 13:43:05

Jack Skellington.

peeriebear Mon 19-Nov-12 13:45:35

Hmmm, did mine not work? I have gone away and come back but still can't see it confused

peeriebear Mon 19-Nov-12 14:03:50

hmm

MinnieBar Mon 19-Nov-12 15:57:40

Ooh, I'm in the middle of making salt-dough personalised Xmas decs for the DCs' teachers… I'm quite pleased with at least one grin

How do I add a pic from an iPhone please? Indeed, can I??

I am not sure how poncetastic mine will be but we're going to have loads if I succeed in my Conquering Christmas Project !
In the meantime, please accept a picture of the gingerbread house that we decorated last year (and did not make from scracth - I've missed the poncetastic point, haven't I?)

Hmm...my pic seems to only appear if you clic on it - sorry!

*click (and it's appearing fine now) I shall shut up.

givemeaclue Mon 19-Nov-12 16:30:12

hilarious, is there a prize for the worst one?

LillianGish Mon 19-Nov-12 16:36:52

Don't know how to make my absolutely poncetastic gingerbread house appear in my post, but if you click on my name you can see it (I hope).

Would you like a photo of my bottles of sloe gin/vodka which I made 3 years ago and I am now too afraid to drink? ever again

trumpton Mon 19-Nov-12 16:54:14

Christmas craft swop . Brief was 2 handmade decorations with a samll gift costing less than £%.
Tiny Norweigian knitted stockings with homemade raspberry gin minatures.

trumpton Mon 19-Nov-12 16:58:13

Gah ! small gift costing less than £5 !!

peeriebear I LOVE that! Did you have a pattern? My SIL adores The Nightmare Before Christmas so could be a brilliant extra gift for her smile

garlicbaguette Mon 19-Nov-12 17:12:33

placemark smile

(I'm having a virtual Christmas this year)

carovioletfizz Mon 19-Nov-12 17:20:59

Oh, glad it worked. Some lovely things here!

Love the Jack ornament! And the knitted stockings.

Ahcmon, where did you get hold of the stripey peppermint sweets for your house? For added poncetastic points, I want to have iconic American candies on my own gingerbread house. blush <retreats under stone>

peeriebear Mon 19-Nov-12 18:28:27

No Littlemiss I just made it by copying a picture of his face smile Black, white, red and green felt. The bell was donated from a collar that belonged to my dear departed cat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now