Talking at 6 months - is this even possible?

(77 Posts)
alandimi Mon 26-Jan-09 08:46:03

My exP's mother swears exP was talking (actual words not dada, mama etc) at 6 months old and that by 1 year he was managing sentences and having conversations. Is this even possible? I don't think I've ever come across a baby that could hold a conversation at 1. And so now when we go round to see her she asks if my dd will be talking soon - she's 4 and a half months!!

anice Tue 04-Dec-12 21:31:43

I was potty trained by 10 months. I found out when I got my medical records (long story) and I found a letter in there when I was 10 months old from my GP to the hospital which mentioned it. It didn't make me a genius though (more's the pity!).

happily3 Thu 21-Feb-13 16:55:36

My ds startled me completely by clearly saying 'oh baby' at 4 months as I was trying to soothe him. It was on a nightmare day at a horribly formal lunch after weeks of stress moving countries with 3 children in tow. He yelled all the time and I was constantly patting his back and saying 'oh baby' to him ... He never said it again and I can't remember when he started talking. I will always believe he said it though. it was clear as a bell!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now