Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

gingeroots...how are you doing?

(62 Posts)
Elibean Sat 09-Mar-13 19:08:28

I'm sorry, I looked for your original post but couldn't find it.

Hope the waiting is easier now, and that you get some reassurance soon xx

Elibean Wed 20-Mar-13 15:36:04

Also thinking of you today, Ginger. Hope it went more easily than the last one, and brings some reassurance and a speedy route to treatment. xx

gingeroots Wed 20-Mar-13 17:29:06

Oh you're all so kind , thank you .

More sedation this time around and I remember nothing .

I've already been referred to multi disiplinary team and had a phone call regarding more tests on Monday and a further one on Wednesday to consider results and discuss treatment .

I'm impressed by the speed and grateful to consultant for getting it through so quickly .

Myself ,I'm in cloud cuckoo land .
Mainly I feel immense relief that I'm not still in that awful limbo of expecting news any second ,endlessly fearing the worst but wondering if I was overreacting .

I can't really bear to think about what lies ahead and I'm finding ignoring it easier than the waiting stage .

zen1 Wed 20-Mar-13 19:30:07

Glad the endoscopy wasn't too traumatic for you today, ginger. It sounds like the consultant is really on your side now and he is pushing so you won't have to wait too long before they have decided on the best course of treatment.

It is still a terrible shock for you and I think you are right not to focus on all the possibilities of what may or may not lie ahead. I know it is a cliche, but just dealing with things on a daily basis may be easier? Once you are armed with all the information about the treatment options, hopefully it will give you back some control over the situation. It must be awful not knowing what is going to happen next. Still here and thinking of you.

thekingfisher Wed 20-Mar-13 20:37:54

thinking of you and pleased it went better today x

Elibean Thu 21-Mar-13 14:44:46

Zen speaks sense smile

I'm glad the endo went more easily, and consultant is behaving, and getting you treated fast.

You know, it strikes me that if/when you want more knowledgeable people who can advise about coping with treatment, the Tamoxifen thread is brill - lovely, lovely ladies and a whole variety of experiences which they're always happy to share (along with cyber-treats).

xx

gingeroots Fri 22-Mar-13 08:12:09

Thanks for that Zen ,kingfisher ,and eli.

I might do what you suggest eli - might pick up some tips on inducting DP and son ( latter not told yet ) as to the mysteries of the washing machine etc .

And what to do about DP who is not dealing well with this I think .
He says he doesn't want to talk about it and that therefore he can't help me and is a terrible person .

Twosugarsplease Fri 22-Mar-13 09:27:44

Hi ginger I couldn't find your thread yesterday.
Thinking of you.

Elibean Fri 22-Mar-13 19:50:42

Do, ginger. Really, they are lovely.

I'm sorry your dp is finding it so hard to talk about it...hope he finds it easier once the initial shock wears off. Perhaps once treatment is planned and underway, things will settle a little more and become a sort of 'new normal'...but again, the ladies on Tamoxifen thread would have helpful words on all that, I think.

Thinking about you x

farewellfarewell Fri 22-Mar-13 20:56:41

I'm thinking of you too ginger xx

MintyyAeroEgg Fri 22-Mar-13 21:11:02

Oh Ginger! I have missed all this. Sending very local warmest best wishes thoughts and am also shock about the suggestion you might want to browse the shops of Camberwell Green. What did she mean ... Peacocks, Poundland, Greggs ???

PeachyPossum Sun 24-Mar-13 16:20:17

Darling ginger, hoping your weekend has been as good as can be. How is your DH, has he started to talk yet? After my op my DH had some strange ways of processing what had happened but settled in time. Different situation but hopefully your DH will settle too and be able to support you as you need him to.

Anyhow lovely, I am thinking of you and send my love xx

Elibean Sun 24-Mar-13 16:25:04

Am thinking of you too, and glad you've found the Tamox ladies smile

Will be sending good vibes all week, xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now