Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dental Moulding Material Can it Stick in your Throat?

(3 Posts)
Evenstar Sat 16-Feb-13 21:42:27

Thanks, am still coughing and it still seems to be focused on one side, but my asthma has been troublesome this afternoon, will keep an eye on things and maybe call the dentist and check if it is the same on Monday. I did think it was unlikely as having seen the stuff in the tray it looked as though a piece of it wouldn't stick anywhere for long.

MolotovCocktail Sat 16-Feb-13 20:20:12

I don't think the casting material your referring to (alginate) can actually get stuck. It has a rapid setting speed so as to avoid this exact problem (image how many people this could cause a problem with!) Please do double-check with your dentist, though, if the irritation persists minus any other cold symptoms.

Evenstar Sat 16-Feb-13 08:34:54

I had a mould taken for a night guard yesterday and since then I have felt as though there is something lodged in the left hand side of my throat. I have been coughing a lot and wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem. I have tried to look at my throat and can't see anything.

There is a nasty virus/flu type illness going around and I am asthmatic so it could be totally unrelated, it is just strange that I haven't got a sore throat or runny nose and just this feeling of something stuck/irritating on one side

Would really appreciate your advice, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now