Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Raynaud's disease-just been diagnosed - any advice!!!

(33 Posts)
Joycey29 Tue 12-Feb-13 18:33:30

So as it says, saw GP today after several other spots and apparently it's Raynaud's disease.
Just want to know anything to help.
Thanks!

Snowstorm Wed 13-Feb-13 16:38:28

Well Raynauds for me meant having blood tests which showed that I had a couple of auto-immune issues, the thyroid thing being one of them and another one (which may be lurking nastily in my future but which isn't present yet), so now I'd always recommend someone saw their GP about it.

NigelMolesworth Thu 25-Apr-13 13:40:48

I just wanted to add a thank you to NicholasTeakozy and Snowstorm who both in the posts above convinced me to go to the GP re the white fingers. The GP took some bloods, got some odd results back and is now referring me to a consultant and for an ultrasound. So thank you - I was all for ignoring it!

TwllBach Thu 25-Apr-13 13:47:16

Does it always have to be fingers? My toes go yellow, even if I've got tights on, and if they go yellow and then I put tights or socks on,it gets even worse. I always assumed it was just bad circulation.

OMGG Fri 26-Apr-13 12:44:35

I use Nifedipine for mine...pretty good, but I've been told that during the winter months wear silk gloves and socks in bed....apparently it's the best material for circulation and keeping in the warmth without being too bulky, also light enough to wear under other gloves and socks.

Earthworms Fri 26-Apr-13 12:53:02

Twi

Mine affects fingers, nose, toes, soles of feet ( never walk barefoot on hard floors) and ears.

So, no not just hands.

Earthworms Fri 26-Apr-13 12:56:10

My question is -
Has anyone else noticed a correlation between 'attacks' and energy levels.

I seem to have had debilitating tiredness all winter, all blood tests came back ok. Now my attacks of cold finger have stopped due to warmer weather, my energy levels are great again.

OMGG Sun 28-Apr-13 09:39:25

Yes the tiredness is awful...I'm okay if i keep going, but within 5 mins of sitting down after work I literally crash..just have to sleep sad

IceCubes Sun 28-Apr-13 09:51:52

I have a family member with very severe Raynauds and they swear by proper sheep skin boots, (think Ugg boots) lots of thin layers and lots of cups of tea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now