Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

What's the best over the counter cough medicine for me?

(6 Posts)
neriberi Wed 06-Feb-13 14:56:39

Just have a spoonful of honey, preferably manuka honey as its antibacterial. Some study somewhere reckons its just as effective as a normal cough medicine.

beingginger Wed 06-Feb-13 14:27:46

Benelkyn mucus cough. They make a night one too to help you sleep. Steam inhalation and vaporub will help too

MechanicalTheatre Wed 06-Feb-13 14:08:29

It does really work, I had a horrible cough (still sort of on-going) and it really shifted stuff.

willyoulistentome Wed 06-Feb-13 13:37:22

Guffaaaaw! Yes "phlegmy minger" is who I am today. I should name change!!

MechanicalTheatre Wed 06-Feb-13 13:33:52

Benelyn do one specifically for loosening up phlegm. It's called "phlegmy minger" or something. I don't know, it just has "phlegm" in the name.

willyoulistentome Wed 06-Feb-13 13:32:30

I had a razor blade throat last week, which has now porphed into a tickly cough. I coughed for THREE HOURS last night in bed before I finally went to sleep. Today, I can't stop coughing. It's bloody constant, and I am getting a headache and sore chest muscles from it. It feels like I need to cough up phlegm, but nothing is coming up. Tell me what to buy. I am dreading tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now