Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What's the best over the counter cough medicine for me?

(6 Posts)
neriberi Wed 06-Feb-13 14:56:39

Just have a spoonful of honey, preferably manuka honey as its antibacterial. Some study somewhere reckons its just as effective as a normal cough medicine.

beingginger Wed 06-Feb-13 14:27:46

Benelkyn mucus cough. They make a night one too to help you sleep. Steam inhalation and vaporub will help too

MechanicalTheatre Wed 06-Feb-13 14:08:29

It does really work, I had a horrible cough (still sort of on-going) and it really shifted stuff.

willyoulistentome Wed 06-Feb-13 13:37:22

Guffaaaaw! Yes "phlegmy minger" is who I am today. I should name change!!

MechanicalTheatre Wed 06-Feb-13 13:33:52

Benelyn do one specifically for loosening up phlegm. It's called "phlegmy minger" or something. I don't know, it just has "phlegm" in the name.

willyoulistentome Wed 06-Feb-13 13:32:30

I had a razor blade throat last week, which has now porphed into a tickly cough. I coughed for THREE HOURS last night in bed before I finally went to sleep. Today, I can't stop coughing. It's bloody constant, and I am getting a headache and sore chest muscles from it. It feels like I need to cough up phlegm, but nothing is coming up. Tell me what to buy. I am dreading tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now