Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

paracetamol at 8 weeks

(3 Posts)
DeborahRoss26 Sun 03-Feb-13 04:16:04

Hi can anyone tell me if its safe to take paracetamol at 8 weeks for migraine????

runawaysimba Sun 03-Feb-13 05:16:16

Hi OP, and congratulations! Paracetomol at the lowest recommended dose is considered safe in pregnancy, doubt it'd make much of a dent in a migraine though. A friend of mine who suffered migraines was told during her pregnancy that her usual medications weren't safe, and instead she kept close track of all her triggers, like caffeine, and avoided those. The good news is she found her symptoms lessened over the course of her pregnancy anyway.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 03-Feb-13 08:56:27

Definitely safe (I'm in in the unfortunate position of having chronic pain whilst pregnant so on it regularly). I agree with looking at triggers for migraines. The other thing that is non-medication that helps is Migralieve kool and soothe strips. They take the heat out of the pain and make a huge difference to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now