Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any suggestions? Chesty cough and feeling unwell for a month now!

(6 Posts)
janji Tue 29-Jan-13 21:22:42

Had a very chesty cough (wheezy breathing that gets worse at night) for over a month now. Generally feel tired all of the time. Tried over the counter tablets etc but no better. Any ideas or do I really have to go to docs to get it sorted?

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 30-Jan-13 14:17:31

Don't hate me for saying this...wink please see your GP.

If self care hasn't worked, your GP should be your next port of call for an ongoing illness.

digerd Wed 30-Jan-13 17:27:47

GP who will listen to your chest. Probably Antibiotics or chest X-ray first.

janji Thu 31-Jan-13 23:38:07

Thanks guys. Went to doctor and he's put me on anti biotics for bronchitis. Reason in don't like bothering docs is that I feel a bit of a fraud going for 'just coughing and wheezing' but glad I did!

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 31-Jan-13 23:56:12

Thanks for update, funny how we all dread being seen as hypochondriacs! Glad you went, hope they kick in very soon and you feel much better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now