Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Raynauds and my poor fingers

(26 Posts)
kissmelittleass Sat 26-Jan-13 08:51:48

The four fingers of my right hand are swollen which makes it difficult to bend,,infact they look like sausages at the moment not pretty! They are covered in chillblains and omg it is so painful,hot and itchy. My GP dianosed raynauds last year when I had a similar bout of swollen fingers and chillblains..he wasn't interested, brushed it off and basically told me to invest a good pair of gloves which I have.The odd time one of my fingers will go numb and turn a dark colour, colour restores after 10-20 mins,toes also go numb from time to time. Its the swollen fingers though that is so painful (funny as well as its always the right hand) and Gp said there was nothing I could do for them but the itchiness and burning pain from the chillblains is driving me insane! anyone know what I can take to ease it please!

kissmelittleass Fri 01-Feb-13 07:08:54

Well I saw a different GP on wednesday, told him everything and showed him my fingers, he agreed they were very bumpy,red and swollen and this is the best they have been in weeks as swellings have gone down alot!
Anyway he was also very hard work and kept repeating that he was VERY reluctant to do a blood test to see if it was primary or secondary. He shocked me by saying that if it turned out I had lupas he wouldn't be doing anything about it anyway..I thought I had misheard him. He wasn't interested in the ins and outs of it all and said I did not need a referral to a rheumy but agreed to do the blood test as I kept firm (certainly annoyed him though as he swung his chair round and banged away at the keyboard!!)
I have to go for the blood test monday morning and will see him for the results a week later, unfortnately I am away then for a much needed break so it will be 2 weeks before I get the results. He said to come back in to see him for the results so he can explain everything but apparently he knows the results will be fine! He also said he could treat me with a blood pressure tablet during the winter to reduce symptoms although I have low blood pressure and suffer dizzy spells alot he said it would be fine, I think not! Again this has made me feel I am annoying them with such a minor issue..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now