Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

ARGH fuckity fucking fuck. fucking bollox

(79 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Sat 26-Jan-13 08:30:22

I am laying on the sofa in agony. My back has 'gone' having stupidly decided to tidy the house in order for a 6 yr old boy to come for tea with DD, just in case his mother stopped for a coffee when she came to collect, having never been here before (and having a humungous beautiful house herself). Did she stop? no she didn't. make some lame excuse and disappeared with her DS.

So, for a pretty pointless reason other than my own pride which was not even noticed, I put my back out completely and utterly. On thursday evening. I have tried since then to get the pain and spasms under control and I simply can't.

DH has just left for the weekend to got to a stag do, DS has a stinking flu bug (he is 3) and luckily is feeling better today, but last night had a fever of 40 and was only reducing a little with meds. luckily he is now through that and although grotty, feeling much more perky with medicine. DD is snoty, cracked lips, but stoic and 'caring' for mummy.

The kids are well-behaved. Thank goodness we have a laptop, an i-pad, a Nintendo (which i didn't want DD to have) and an abundance of mostly scratched films to watch. Two of my friends are coming over this afternoon to help with the children/let me rest take valium but for now:

FUCKING HELL IT HURTS! And I can't even reach my coffee.

there. that's it. <lays back and sulks>

PavlovtheCat Mon 28-Jan-13 12:08:41

Hey joyful all feeling much better today. DS has been to docs, has a virus and ulcers on his throat, but nothing more sinister. He is perkier, but not eating. Bit nervous about his fever rising again though as doc said no ibruprofen as he is not eating, so only calpol and that does not seem to reduce it that much, but we will see how it goes. He is chattering away with me so that's good.

My back is better than it was all weekend. But, when I go to get up from sitting or laying, my legs buckle when I try to stHoand fully straight. But, once moving for a few minutes that sorts itself out.

PavlovtheCat Mon 28-Jan-13 12:11:54

you can tell my style of writing eh mads? grin.

Madsometimes Mon 28-Jan-13 12:14:37

Well it is quite distinctive, even though the fuckity fuck fuck fuck is not quite typical wink.

serendippity Mon 28-Jan-13 12:35:25

Pav you poor thing! I suffer with back pain but nowhere the severity you do. Rubbish advice but just for a teeny bit of relief try the patches you can get that heat up on their own. You can stick them to your back and they stay warm for hours. As for your ds, these things always, always happen at once don't they?? With ulcers on his throat he probably doesn't fancy any food but would he go for ice cream? My two never, ever eat when they're poorly and are often off their food totally for up to 2 weeks after a virus or vomiting bug. I get so worried as their very slim children and they can't afford to loose any weight! Ds just recently had a temp of 39/40 for 5 days, by the time he started to nibble things again I could count his ribs sad I know it's so hard but try not to worry too much. He'll probably pick up on it and food will become an issue, I know from very bitter experience. I once threatened to force feed my dd after an enormous period of non eating and I'm sure it put her off for even longer time (I didn't of course and still feel awful about even threatening it but I was beside myself with worry by then) I have since learned that at times like that until they start to recover the best thing to do is to let them eat whatever they will take regardless of what it is and however little they have. So far they've never not gone back to eating totally normaly afterwards, which was my worry. Dd once spent a week eating digestive biscuits and tomato soup, but was perfectly happy to go back to healthy home cooked meals, fruit and vegetables etc as soon as her appitite returned. I hope you both feel better very soon and my (probably not great advice) helps a little!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now