Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Small white lump at back of mouth

(6 Posts)
PolkaDotsandPumpkin Sat 26-Jan-13 10:48:04

I mean that benign lumps are fairly common! Not oral cancers! Sorry

PolkaDotsandPumpkin Sat 26-Jan-13 10:47:09

I had something similar recently. Had it removed ( with a local anaesthetic ) and biopsied. Result came back fine.
I am an SLT and was freaking out, thinking it was an oral cancer, got one of my colleagues to have a look and refer me.
They are fairly common so please don't worry too much. Easier said than done I realise! Especially when you are thinking about your past history with smoking etc..
I'm sure it will be fine. Good luck.

mercibucket Thu 24-Jan-13 19:20:00

I was going to suggest a tonsil stone but I see you've been to the gp already. Did they give you any idea why they were referring? Hope you get some answers soon xx

mercibucket Thu 24-Jan-13 19:20:00

I was going to suggest a tonsil stone but I see you've been to the gp already. Did they give you any idea why they were referring? Hope you get some answers soon xx

cakeismyfriend Thu 24-Jan-13 19:07:48

Bump x

cakeismyfriend Thu 24-Jan-13 13:40:42

Hi, been to see doc thus morn. Have been referred under 2 week referral and am now v scared!! Patch is about 2mm by 4mm, and is white and painless. Any ideas? I am thinking the worst!! Used to smoke and drink a fair bit but stopped a couple of years ago. I have had various cold for the last few weeks, not sure if this is relevant? Am in my 30's. Anyone had this/know any one that has?
Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now