Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how tall is my child?

(6 Posts)
manic4boys Tue 22-Jan-13 00:43:49

Ds was always well below average in height, he was 11 before he was wearing clothes for his actual age but now he's 13 and 5'6 and every time I look at him he's taller!

happywithit Sun 20-Jan-13 01:03:34

hopefully.
its fine, but i just want to have an idea.
thank you

Gomez Sun 20-Jan-13 00:39:41

He really won't.

And so what if he is?

happywithit Sun 20-Jan-13 00:33:52

that's true, but if any one had a baby that was growing following just the 2nd line.
i think i have to wait until he is 2 than i will see.
he will be the shortest man in the uk sad

Gomez Sun 20-Jan-13 00:27:57

Measure him at 2 then double - supposedly gives a reasonable estimate of adult height.

Maybe. If this worked

DD1 - 5'8" but is nearly 13 and stalled at around 5' 2"

DD2 - 6'0" is 8 and 4' 9" so still has potential

DS1 - 5'' 9" but is currently still smurf like at 6.

So really who knows? Only time will tell.

happywithit Sun 20-Jan-13 00:20:55

i have 2 children one will be 4 in march and one is 1 1/2 yrs, i am just worried about the baby hight, he is following his line but the last line that mean the 2nd will his big brother is in the 5th, i know he will be short but any idea how short he will be? any one had his son in the same line?
its a bit strange question, i know, but thats what i am thinking about and worries me at the moment, just an idea about how short he will be or if he came be normal hight in the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now