Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

INTENSE blushing on face, neck and chest for no apparent reason. Please tell me what's causing it?

(4 Posts)
HiggsBoson Sat 29-Dec-12 20:59:24

I'm 38 and over the past few months I've been getting blushing attacks accompanied by a feeling of overwhelming burning heat in my face. They come on at any time, without warning, not when I'm stressed or embarassed and last for a good half hour.

The areas of blushing are VERY sharply outlined as well. It's freaking me out a bit tbh.

Anyone know what might be causing it?

quoteunquote Sat 29-Dec-12 21:37:52

Menopause ?

do and ask your GP, put your mind at rest.

MerylStrop Sat 29-Dec-12 21:39:40

some kind of allergy? I get similar when I drink some forms of alcohol, eg red wine.

possibly rosacea

PowerPants Sat 29-Dec-12 22:29:00

Allergies can cause this, as can a v rare condition called carcinoid tumour (do not let this freak you out as very uncommon).

You could have histamine intolerance. Like *meryl8 says, alcohol and other foods are high in histamine and can cause flushing.

Do go to the GP just to put your mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now