Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mouth/jaw pain left side esp at night

(5 Posts)
Somermummy1 Sun 30-Dec-12 11:55:05

Well it turned out to be a half erupted infected wisdom tooth which needed an antiseptic injection and a week on no-drinking antibiotics in the run up to Christmas ! All good now though !

Somermummy1 Sat 15-Dec-12 21:40:14

Thanks both of you! Right off to bed for early night with nurofen and hot flannel. Oh how my Saturday nights have changed!

lizzypuffs Sat 15-Dec-12 09:02:33

I sounds like you have been clenching or grinding your teeth in the night. It's easy to get rid of if caught early. Go to the dentist and get a shield hopefully you won't have to wear it for long. Take ibuprofen and paracetamol for the pain, don't yawn or stretch your mouth too wide as scan says. Moist heat from a flannel or towel can help too.

scanaldo Sat 15-Dec-12 08:27:56

Yes sounds like you might be grinding your teeth. I did this for a while too - dentist didn't do anything but said not to stretch my mouth too wide when I woke up and 'logged' it in case I needed a gum shield. Once I was aware if doing it I woke myself up though and it stopped in a week or so - ibuprofen helped.

Somermummy1 Sat 15-Dec-12 08:07:23

Woke up 2 mornings ago with jaw pain. It's only on left side but is driving me mad! It's been a particularly stressful week at work on top of DS birthday and run up to Xmas so think it could be stress-related teeth grinding

Hoping its that rather than dental probs but def worse first thing and during night which makes me think it is

Does anyone have any ideas?

DH suggests a gum shield ?!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now