Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

does it matter if I've chipped a little bone off my elbow?

(3 Posts)
phdlife Thu 06-Dec-12 21:28:53

I clipped it hard last night and it instantly raised a very peculiar hematoma; this morning when I leant on a table the pain was searing, not at all bruise-like, and extended - do I need to get it checked?

BearPear Fri 07-Dec-12 18:39:46

I did this when I was 9 (fell from about 5 ft onto the elbow). It really, really hurt and the resulting bruise went from wrist to shoulder. It swelled up rather a lot too. They couldn't do much at the hospital except put my arm in a sling to imobilise the joint. I had to wear it for ages, or so it seemed ages to my 9 year-old self!

It recovered ok, but it does ache from time to time,especially in this cold weather. I would get it checked if you think it really is chipped.

CMOTDibbler Fri 07-Dec-12 18:47:27

I'd get it checked - elbows can be tricky if left

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now