Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I can hear my pulse in my ear and its bothering me

(6 Posts)

A few days ago I had a very mild earache in right ear.

Ever since then I have been able to hear my blood swoshing around my ear in rythmn with my pulse. It comes and goes with intensity but its annoying. Any ideas a)why and b) how to stop it.

digerd Mon 03-Dec-12 11:57:24

Probably the rush of antibodies in the blood to fight whatever caused your earache. Just your immune system doing its job.
If it continues you may need antibiotics, though.

It's 4 or 5 days since it was painful tho, and even then it wasn't that painful...I went to bed thinking it would be the start of a hideous earache next day but nothing came of it.

digerd Mon 03-Dec-12 13:43:46

Gp can look into that ear to see if anything wrong. if you have no pain, unlikely you will need antibiotics, but it is unusual what you are experiencing, and I'd get it looked at.

Lifeisontheup Mon 03-Dec-12 14:30:28

I had this for about three weeks after an ear infection. It went on it's own but was annoying while it lasted. I think its the reverberations magnified by the gunk behind the eardrum.

PoppyAmex Mon 03-Dec-12 14:35:03

I suffered from this for the past 7 years (came out of nowhere) - had CAT scans, MRIs, hearing tests etc.

Finally was diagnosed with this

Bizarrely it disappeared when I got pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now