Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Heart monitoring Advice Needed.

(7 Posts)

Sashh, I've been told today they will now probably give me one for a month, the irony, just screwed up an online patment, instant palpitation! Why couldn't that have happened yesterday?? Unfortunately they don't have the right one in to lend me and so they will call me as soon as one is free. I have recorded some stuff and it was a continuous background record too, so I don't know.. They actual problem didn't occur once sad

MFDIM, Yes I am in the UK. From what I have been told palpitations can be no problem at all, or they can be a big problem. How your heart beats during a palpitation says to the docs whether its ok or not. If yours are that frequent I would think they caught your palpitations and yours are the safe ones.

Mine were worse a few months ago I was waiting to be called in to be checked and I started getting very worried. I found some advice online which actually really helped. ( surprising because I'm not great at taking advice!!) I can't find the article but the gist of it was this....

The article said, the more you worry about them the worse they will get, but if you can (sounds daft, but stick with me!) embrace the palpitations when they come and almost relish that you body is stepping up a gear and working harder to help you achieve whatever you are doing. Whether you are physically exerting yourself or having an argument with someone or whatever may be the trigger, your heart is beating more, more power is going to your muscles, more oxygen to your brain, helping you to do whatever you are doing, better and faster. Then you stop fearing the palpitations and things start getting better and even if they don't then the way you feel about it will change, helping you to live with it

Hope that helps you!! smile

myfavoritedayismonday Mon 26-Nov-12 09:16:27

I've been getting palpitations too, I never have a day without them and people (including the doctors) are saying it is quite normal to have them. I've been wondering what kind of a heart monitor you've been given (why wasn't I given one?). I've had a 24 hour ECG which had a lot of missed beats on one line which the doctor didn't seem concerned about. Are you in Britain? I was wondering if they take a different approach in different countries?

I'm sorry your palpitations didnt happen when you were being tested - sod's law.

sashh Mon 26-Nov-12 02:59:26

OP Thats why where I worked we handed them out for a month.

Have you recorded anything? Somethings can show when you are asymptomatic.

bump!!!!

LOL!!! You have no idea how many times I've heard that this week!!! grin

The one they've given me has a button to push and ironically I've had a really stressful week, just not stressful enough apparently!!! I've pushed it twice and they were only vague symptoms.

I'm seriously thinking a scary movie might get me out of another stint!!! confused

Jehmazeballs Sun 25-Nov-12 22:47:22

Boo!!

Just joking....
Its a shame but either they'll repeat it or you can have one type that you activate when you get a symptom..

Hiya, Can't be bothered to name change, I've been getting palpitations for a while and finally my GP decided to get them checked out, so I've been on a monitor for the last week and...... Nothing! Not a twitch, not a sausage!

Tomorrow I am supposed to drop it off the have the data collected, but there are no palpitations on there and I am a bit worried I will have to do it all again. Next time it will be for a fortnight and honestly, I feel like a 3 norked loon!

WWYD??? Super scary movie???? Delve into AIBU??

Fear, fright and sudden stress are my usual triggers........

Anyone been in this situation??

TIA!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now