Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

The Peri-Peri Menopause Club

(6 Posts)
Jestrin Sun 25-Nov-12 11:57:23

I am so glad I have found mums net! I am awaiting the results of a blood test to see if I am perimenopausal or whether its thyroid/pituitary issues. I have had the mirena for 18 months and although it helped with heavy loss my periods have been irregular/lengthy/and varying flow ever since. Sorry if tmi. I had the test over a week and a half ago and am anxious to know the results. I think it is wrong of healthcare providers to keep you waiting when we worry so much. :-(

scaevola Sun 25-Nov-12 11:25:20

Yup, my cycle has gone haywire. I haven't been to the GP as that's my only symptom so far, but I suppose I should just to check that it is normal for peri and there are no other underlying causes.

Definitely. Go to your doctor, tell her your symptoms and ask for a blood test. The first time I went though my doctor told me it was just my age! and offered no further help. It took me over half a year to pluck up the courage to go back and see another doctor who gave me a thorough examination and organized a blood test.

alicetrefusis Sat 24-Nov-12 22:08:22

Bah just lost post. Maybe should press for blood test - wht do you think?

I'm 48 and having some of these - mood swings (although always had them), insomnia, losing hair, heavy painful periods, lack of libido most of the time, forgetful, tired, insomnia. I've just been for a blood test so will know soon, just waiting for an ultra sound too as I may have fibroids too.

alicetrefusis Sat 24-Nov-12 21:28:10

Well who'd have thought it. I am 46 and experiencing the following:

Wilder than normal mood swings
Depression
Huge fatigue
Insominia
Irregular cycle (my normal 5 weeks can last from 4 to 7)
Occasionally intense pain and clotting - only codeine will touch it when this bad
Weird changes to libido - get very , very intense in days before period due
But period still lasts no more than 3 days.

Anyone else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now