Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Water trickling sensation on my ears and neck

(5 Posts)
Milliways Sun 25-Nov-12 14:55:56

I get this too. Once it actually felt like a bucket of water had been spilled, but normally the odd trickle - and yes, the feeling that you are sitting in a puddle. The ones I hate are the scalp crawlers though. Just a nerve thingy (and I had full testing for MS as had this with lots of other scary symptoms all together a few years back).

MrawMraw Sat 24-Nov-12 23:33:14

I had this a few years ago but down my right leg. I could SWEAR I'd spilled hot tea down my leg! It lasted for around a month, hourly or so and then disappeared. Trapped nerve I think x

Floralnomad Sat 24-Nov-12 16:09:47

I get this in my buttock and previously had it in my right thigh and my GP said it was a trapped nerve. It's most disconcerting because it happens at the oddest times and feels like you've sat in warm water. Whatever you do don't google it , I did and it said it was a common early symptom of MS , hence my visit to the GP !

Cailleach Thu 22-Nov-12 22:12:21

Could it be a trapped nerve? Is it only on one side of your neck?

trafficwarden Wed 21-Nov-12 18:22:06

This has been happening for the last few days and I have no idea what it is! It feels like stray trickles that run into your ears and down your neck after you haven't wrapped your hair in a towel properly after washing it - but when my hair is bone dry and hours after my shower. The first couple of times I thought I thought my ears had been a bit blocked and then the water escaped but there was no water there. Now I am feeling it trickling down the side of my neck but nothing is wet. It's very strange.
No headaches/visual disturbance, don't get migraines and not prone to headaches in any fashion.
What on earth is it??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now