Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

please talk to me about sinusitis....

(9 Posts)
gingeroots Sun 18-Nov-12 09:18:44

Is it possible/likely that pains along cheekbone area ,under ear ,recurrent headaches ( ibruprofen helps ) could be sinus related ?
But with no blocked nose sensation ?
Maybe a little sensation of catarh at back of throat .

I have ongoing issues with an upper pre molar where the nerve is dying/infected and I'm told that my sinus is very close to tooth root .

dikkertjedap Sat 17-Nov-12 23:01:16

In addition to the antibiotics I would take Sinutab (paracetamol combined with ephredine). I find that it does make a difference, but you cannot take it longer than for a five day period.

MsNobodyAgain Sat 17-Nov-12 21:56:27

It took a while to ease/ go with me but I had a bad case of it.

Use everything you can and hopefully you will feel normal again soon.

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Sat 17-Nov-12 20:28:34

I have chronic sinusitis - so get it a few times a year.

The pressure will start easing tomorrow. Meanwhile, try open your nose using Otrivine nasal spray.

hiddenhome Sat 17-Nov-12 20:27:23

I suffer from this a lot and I was prescribed a steroid spray. I also inhale steam and take ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation. Cut down on dairy products if you can too because milk increases mucous production.

FancyPuffin Sat 17-Nov-12 18:38:36

Husband suffers with this, he is under a consultant (for different reasons) the consultant recommends steaming with a dab of vicks and towel over head as a way of getting some relief.

It does seem to help.

thank you. Did the pressure go away quickly or did it take awhile?

MsNobodyAgain Fri 16-Nov-12 15:58:35

I had sinusitis a few months after the birth of my DD. I remember saying to my ex-h that I would rather go through birth again than have that pain! So sympathies for you. I'd tried every over the counter treatment.

Doc prescribed Baclofen which did help but the pressure behind my nose and under my eyes was awful. Plus pains in my head.

I hope you feel better soon.

Have been having constant headaches, blocked nose. GP has diagnosed acute sinusitis and prescribed antibiotics.

At the moment the pressure is unbelievable.

Anyone had the same?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now