Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Still having bleeding issues 9 months after a C-Section? Can any one relate?

(9 Posts)

I saw a women's health physio buy it was because of the 4 th degree tear I sustained after they failed to deliver my baby through the section, rather than because of the section. You can get a referral if you have a willing gp though

paigemya12 Thu 15-Nov-12 19:32:55

See the thought of another operation goes through me! but if it has to be done!
and the doctors have been the same with me no sympathy its so annoying!
no physio after, should i have?

Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Thu 15-Nov-12 10:36:54

4 years in I'm still in agony it took 3 gp's to take it seriously the irregular bleeding all I got was 'that must be annoying'. I've had scans done which discovered pcos which could be the cause of the bleeding, I've had 1 operation to remove an apparent lump they couldn't find. So now I'm summoning up the energy to go back again.

Did you get a physio after the section?

paigemya12 Wed 14-Nov-12 22:58:29

Sounds just like mine!
I tried the strengthening exercises too but i think they make it worse i may try the swimming though havent been n a while!

That's exactly where my pain was! Always on the left hand side, right at the edge of my scar- it was a sharp stabbing kind of pain- does yours sound like that? Could be adhesions, apparently they're very common.

I have found I don't get the pain by doing brisk walking or swimming, and i''ve beendoing theexercises the physio gave me after I had my section to try to strengthen my stomach muscles.

paigemya12 Wed 14-Nov-12 18:45:18

yes the pain comes only on the left hand side were the scaring seems to be redder? I guess I'll go see the doctor and see if they could help.
I just need to get rid of this apron thats left sad
thanks!

I meant running not rubbing! Oops!

I have had issues with irregular bleeding following a csection (and other complications) over a year ago. I did have some bleeding which seemed to be linked to exercise. Are you getting any pains in your scar? I had 'ripping' sensations with mine. Docs best guess was that it was partly to do with adhesions. I've since seen a consultant who thinks the irregularity could be caused by a massivechange in my hormones (I lost over 3litres of blood during my delivery) and they've given me a type of the pill to regulate my bleeding. May be worth you checking out with your doc? I had to stop rubbing as the pain was unbearable, so do a lot of walking and gentle exercise instead.

paigemya12 Tue 13-Nov-12 22:00:11

So its been 9 months since I had my little boy, I put on an awful amount of weight that being 4 stone! I was 10 stone 11lb before and just over 14 stone after birth. As you will probably understand I wanted my old body back asap, but that wasn't an option. I had an emergency cesarian and still looked like I was ready to drop.
So after 4 months I started walking to gradually start jogging, as I did I started to bleed regularly and thought it was just my menstrual cycle, but when I stopped the bleeding stopped.
I started exercising again last week and its happened again?
Still yet to speak to doctor.
All advice and thoughts will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now