Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Thinning hair

(10 Posts)
yesnomaybe Mon 08-Oct-12 17:50:44

I am losing my hair and it is now getting quite noticeable so I am freaking out. I went to the docs and he did the hormone bloods which came back normal.

I went to Philip Kingsley's clinic and came out £300 lighter with some treatments but I don't think they are working.

I am taking Biotin and MSM, both supplements recommended.

I have had stress recently but it has been going on for the last year at least so I can't believe that it is stress related as I would have lost all my hair years ago!!

I have had tummy troubles and they found polyps in my gallbladder but they said as symptoms aren't bad they will leave them and keep an eye. Could they be the reason?

Has anyone else had this? I don't want to lose my hair so any advice most appreciated!!

chipstick10 Mon 08-Oct-12 18:31:07

How long have you been on the philip kingsley treatment and what was there prognosis?

OldBagWantsNewBag Mon 08-Oct-12 22:42:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

yesnomaybe Tue 09-Oct-12 10:10:44

The girl at Philip Kingsley said it was going but that some was growing back. She said it wasn't alopecia. I am about to start hormone drops on the scalp but it is very pricey at 50quid every 6weeks!

I have been on the Biotin for a month, and it's not getting better yet. Will stick with it though. Dosage is 1000should I up it? Am going to start iron & vit d too. Anything I can!!!

chipstick10 Tue 09-Oct-12 11:21:29

How long have you been on the drops? I get the impression you are not on board with it

OldBagWantsNewBag Tue 09-Oct-12 13:02:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MoomieAndFreddie Tue 09-Oct-12 13:54:58

Sea Kelp tablets are meant to help as well

I lost a load of hair a few years ago due to stress / depression, and found Nioxin shampoo along with sea kelp worked wonders. its meant to create a better scalp environment so hair is healthier and falls out less.

Medal Tue 09-Oct-12 15:09:43

OldBag sorry to hear about your hair loss. I am going through the same thing but think it is a result of my changing my diet a few months ago. I got some biotin fairly cheaply from Amazon, the Swansons brand. It is 1000mg and I take one a day. I've been taking it for the last 2 months or so but not yet noticed a difference with my hair which is worrying me seriously now. Also taking the Boots hair skin and nails supplement.

Yesno it could be that your body has been under stress from your tummy troubles. What blood tests did you have?

Medal Tue 09-Oct-12 21:03:59

Sorry made a mistake meant to say the biotin I got from Amazon was 5000mg.

Bemba Tue 26-Feb-13 19:53:52

I took forcival vitamin tablets and used minoxidil for a few months on my bald patch and this helped a lot.i suffered hair loss from stress.massaging scalp also helps.try to be positive and it does grow back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now