Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Post your questions here for a Q&A with Dr Mike Thomas of Asthma UK

(63 Posts)
RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 27-Apr-11 10:55:37

We're pleased to say that Dr Mike Thomas, the Chief Medical Advisor to Asthma UK, is going to be answering your questions about anything and everything to do with asthma.

Asthma affects 5.4 million people in the UK, and although there is perception that it's no big deal, three people die of it every day in this country.

May 3 is World Asthma Day, and Asthma UK is asking everyone affected by asthma to speak out about how asthma makes them feel and affects their lives. The idea is for sufferers, their family members and friends to join forces, share their stories about how serious asthma can be, and help put asthma on the map.

Please post your questions for Dr Thomas here.

Thanks,

MNHQ x

Thank you Dr Thomas - that has put my mind at rest enormously! If only our hospital consultants could answer questions like this in such a straightforward manner. smile

herbietea Tue 03-May-11 20:29:13

Message withdrawn

Guacamole Tue 03-May-11 20:35:24

Thank you very much, a very interesting Q&A!

fartingfran Tue 03-May-11 20:35:50

Thanks very much for that Dr T. I'd better toddle along to the GP again. Very thorough and informative Q&A, great!

Jux Tue 03-May-11 22:56:48

Excellent. I shall never clean again. grin

A bit belated wanted to say a big thank you to Dr Thomas

Thank you for your reply Dr Thomas

KatyMac Wed 04-May-11 09:19:20

So sorry I missed this I have lots of stuff about DD & DH I want clarifying sad

madhairday Wed 04-May-11 13:21:56

Thank you so much for your answers Dr Thomas.

chickchickchicken Mon 16-May-11 20:27:27

a belated big thank you. i see my consultant this week and will be printing off your thorough answer and following up the suggestions. thank you very much

Thingsfallapart Mon 16-May-11 21:43:24

Another belated Thank you. I will see the GP this week and be very demanding. Thanks again.

Stephanie36 Tue 13-Nov-12 14:40:02

Hello, please can you give me some advice regarding the use of Seretide 250mcg in pregnancy. I have had asthma since the age of 7 and it hasnt really improved over the years, so a few years ago my doctor at the time put me on seretide. I am really panicking now that this medication has affected my unborn baby as everywhere on google suggests that this shouldnt be taken in pregnancy. I have been given assurance from my current GP but still cannot relax, I am now 12 weeks pregnant and have been using it since day one. Thank you.

Debs40000 Thu 27-Dec-12 19:59:47

Hi my daughter is 12years old and just over two weeks ago was having difficulty breathing. My husband took her straight to a&e as it was late in the evening. After doing various breathing tests and examinations, they gave her a salbutamol inhaler and spacer, which has helped. The doctor said he would write to the doctors surgery. I waited two weeks then rang for an appointment, as the inhaler was running low. With the Christmas holidays the next appointment was 3rd Jan 2012, I asked the receptionist if they had received the letter from the a&e doctor, they had. I requested another inhaler as the one my daughter had was running low, they refused and said that I would have to see a doctor, but again it wouldn't be until 3rd January 2012. Can the receptionists do this? Would be grateful for your advice.
Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now