Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Urticaria - specifically pressure urticaria

(28 Posts)
Foxinsocks Sat 29-Jan-11 21:35:49

Does anyone here have delayed pressure urticaria (or even just normal urticaria)?

having suffered from a painful, burning rash for about 10 years which has mystified the GP (i.e. they stopped trying to figure out what it was lol), I have realised today (eureka), that it is delayed pressure urticaria.

The only reason I realised this is that I have travelled a fair bit over the past few weeks and developed this rash both times on the hand that I was using to carry my suitcase. I also sometimes get it on my feet from standing and on my waist where my clothes are too tight!

I googled pressure rash and there it is!

I can't tell you how excited I am grin but now I'd like to know if anyone has it and how they treat it!

shine0ncrazydiamond Tue 22-Jan-13 13:43:21

Oh yes i have had this for years and get 'attacks' of it every day. I have ' dermatographia ' and nothing helps it really. A daily anti histamine can do but i'd rather just put up with the attacks which last twenty or so minutes.

It itches, I lightly scratch , I come up in big weals and could quite easily write my name on my arm if I so chose to grin

i saw a doctor some years ago and they were perplexed. I think i just have too much histamine or whatever < scientific > and i just put up with it.

shine0ncrazydiamond Tue 22-Jan-13 13:46:29

However, interestingly, I believe there is a link to other symptoms i have. I am in good health and take no medication whatsoever. I dont smoke or drink and am slim. I do suffer from Raynauds and very fine hair which can be a pain.

I am convinced there is a link.

Pikeymay Tue 22-Jan-13 13:51:00

Thank you everyone for your helpful responses. My docs aren't really taking it serious. Any irritation causes an outbreak and now if I get the cold my throat is swelling so it feels like I can't breath. Don't want to go back to doc after going to a&e with breathing difficulty and told it was just the cold and to go home......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now