Before DS and I come to blows help me - phone making the xbox cut out

(10 Posts)
BlueSkySunnyDay Thu 14-Feb-13 20:54:11

The only other phone socket is in the same room but no electric socket near it. If it comes to it I will run an extension cable round and move the router, not ideal though.

Have ordered 2 splitters and will see what happens.

3littlefrogs Thu 14-Feb-13 20:42:29

I was told by the SKY tech person that the phone base unit should never be anywhere near the router. Once I plugged the phone base unit into a socket in another room I didn't have any problem. He said the phone signal was interfering with the router.

Do you have a phone socket anywhere else in the house?

BlueSkySunnyDay Thu 14-Feb-13 20:34:09

Thanks Naoko I will try that - everytime I used the phone there is a mournful wail from upstairs as they lose all their progress on their game!

Naoko Thu 14-Feb-13 16:35:29

I'd change the microfilter for a different one first, it might just be faulty. They are very cheap, no more than £3 or so on Amazon.

BlueSkySunnyDay Thu 14-Feb-13 14:46:53

Worth unplugging the sky filter (we have had it for longer than a year so it doesnt need to still be in) Would putting ADSL one straight into the wall help?

BlueSkySunnyDay Thu 14-Feb-13 14:44:39

OK so I have had another look at that. I have a double socket (filter?) which Sky put in running to the sky plus box then I have the double ADSL splitter plugged into that with phone & router sockets - they are plugged into the right ones.

Geeklover Thu 14-Feb-13 14:37:17

It sounds like micro filters. Everything that plugs into a phone socket has to be plugged into a micro filter.

BlueSkySunnyDay Thu 14-Feb-13 14:28:07

I suspect its either something like that or their proximity to each other - but not sure what I need to do.

Its very difficult to move them further apart as router and phone both need power and phone line so my options are limited.

KirstyoffEastenders Thu 14-Feb-13 14:25:55

I had a problem like that, but it was to do with the micro-filter that splits the phone line between phone and router.

BlueSkySunnyDay Thu 14-Feb-13 14:21:42

We have a Panasonic DECT cordless phone - frequency 1.88 ghz to 1.9 ghz

Netgear wireless router - frequency 2.4ghz

Everytime I make a call he loses connection to the xbox - sometimes mid game so this is causing trauma!

Suggestions please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now