Mother & baby fostering - anyone do it?

(8 Posts)
freddiefrog Fri 01-Feb-13 22:06:46

Thank you!

I'm not sure how PMs work on here, I've just sent you a test one!

Mum2lots Fri 01-Feb-13 21:48:14

We had a fantastic relationship with our FC no birth family SS did offer a mother and baby placement but she didn't want this tbh they worried about FC staying with us and as a Sw I understood why . You are rooting for the FC to do well you have to be honest with situations for the safety of the baby this comes first . If it does not work out would you carry on with FC placement and the baby goes into care ??? I never experienced that. But I was honest with bed sharing situation . I didn't do I guided no night feeds for me hahaha but I did listen to ensure they was being done . Hope this makes sense I'm really aware of confidentiality so I'm wary of sharing to much but I would talk more privately

Mum2lots Fri 01-Feb-13 21:26:50

I'm trying to work out how to pm you ?

freddiefrog Fri 01-Feb-13 21:17:44

How much of an input am I expected to have? I'll help and support her every step of the way, and I'll even do the occasional night feed, but I don't want to bring up another baby.

I've talked to a M&B carer I know, but she only does parenting assessments, so not quite so involved

Thanks!

Mum2lots Fri 01-Feb-13 21:12:22

Wow it is the same as our situation haha

freddiefrog Fri 01-Feb-13 21:06:22

Thanks.

At the moment we mainly foster teens, so babies are really not on my radar. I've done my sleepless nights and nappy changing with my own kids so I'm not sure I want to go back there.

Our FC has announced she's pregnant, so we're exploring her options - staying here is one of them if we agree to it

Mum2lots Fri 01-Feb-13 20:10:14

I have it was the best thing I have ever done from being there at the birth to celebrating the first birthday . It's not the same situation for everyone but I'm a foster Nana xx

freddiefrog Fri 01-Feb-13 18:35:37

We have a bit of a situation and we've been asked to do the training so I just wondered if anyone had any experience of mother and baby fostering

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now