FABIsInTraining Mon 05-Oct-09 20:58:56

Now, I will type out what the book says and put in my adaptations. grin

They are delicious.

Coconut-lime muffins.

300g self raising flour.
1 tsp baking powder.
150g caster sugar.
1 egg, beaten.
200ml coconut milk (I made mine from creamed coconut and had some left. it made more than 200ml)
grated zest of 2 limes (I only had one)
100ml sunflower oil (I used corn oil).
50g dessicated coconut (found out too late I didn't have any and used the same amount of ground almonds instead.)

To decorate -

I didn't do this.

150g cream cheese.
50g icing sugar.
2 tsp lime juice.
coconut shavings, for sprinkling.

Heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
Grease or line a 12 hole muffin pan.

Combine the flour, baking powder and caster sugar and sift into a large bowl.

In another bowl, combine the egg, coconut milk, lime zest and juice, oil and dessicated coconut. Pour into the dry ingredients. Stir together until just combined.

Spoon dollops into the prepared muffin pan.

Bake for about 20 minutes until risen and golden then leave in the pan to cook for a couple of minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

To serve, beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and lime juice until smooth an creamy. Swirl on top of the muffins and sprinkle with coconut shavings.

Best eaten on day of making.

Enjoy.

LolaAnn Mon 05-Oct-09 21:09:34

thank you will try these out on the weekend!

FABIsInTraining Tue 06-Oct-09 08:15:24

Bump for the others who requested this.

ahhhhh, was thinking about this today (have no life!!) and wondering if you had posted the recipe, thanks so much, cant wait to try it out!!! grin

Ok, stupid question, how do you make coconut milk from creamed coconut?

I always think muffin recipes using oil are the ones that turn out the best! I like your adaptation of almonds, I will do that too!
thanks again!!

FABIsInTraining Wed 07-Oct-09 08:04:55

It tells you on the box, as I wouldn't have known either. You put the creamed coconut in a bowl and pour over warm water, stirring until it dissolves. It depends whether you want coconut milk or cream as to how much water you use, but it tells you on the packet.

nice one, thanks FAB!

newbiefrugalgal Sat 02-Feb-13 16:04:20

Old post but googled recipes and this came up. Just made a banana batch and they are delicous! yum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now