NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

what do you do with mangoes?

(144 Posts)
fedda Sat 25-Aug-07 16:54:49

Hi, I bought 3 mangoes for £1 but I only know that you can eat them in fruit salads. What else can I do with them?

thievingmagpie Sat 25-Aug-07 16:56:08

mkae mango chutney...yummm

Rhubarb Sat 25-Aug-07 16:59:40

juggle them

nightshade Sat 25-Aug-07 17:02:54

nice if you skin and slice them, roast them in the oven with a little sugar and cinnamon and serve with a drop of cream or marscapone cheese.

Washersaurus Sat 25-Aug-07 17:06:06

Smoothies....yummm

fedda Sat 25-Aug-07 17:07:17

Thank you, nightshade and thievingmagpie. Sorry, I don't like jokes, Rhubarb when I'm asking for advice, do you?

Rhubarb Sat 25-Aug-07 18:22:21

Depends if you have a sense of humour or not!

Sorry if you don't.

bcsnowpea Sat 25-Aug-07 18:23:43

Simmer them with 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1tbsp brandy, then serve with ice cream. Sooooo good.

MyTwopenceworth Sat 25-Aug-07 18:24:40

That's you told, Rhub. Go stand in the corner, facing the wall! wink

Roseylea Sat 25-Aug-07 18:27:08

Just eat them! They are delicious! Or you cuold always make mango sorbet, works v. well and fabbo on a warm day.

But really - au naturel is best. I spent a few months in the Philippines during the mango harvesting time and I ate thousands. I'll never firget camping, sleeping in a hammock under a mango tree [wistful sigh...]

unknownrebelbang Sat 25-Aug-07 18:48:58

But but...you CAN juggle with mangoes.

FrannyandZooey Sat 25-Aug-07 18:57:07

OMG just EAT them

blimey Rhubarb you got your wrists slapped didn't you? Didn't you know better than to joke about something so very serious and delicate as MANGOES hmm

MyTwopenceworth Sat 25-Aug-07 19:00:27

She's not allowed to talk to you Franny. She's still in the corner. Where she will stay until she learns to not be flippant on Very Important Threads.

Lullabyloo Sat 25-Aug-07 19:00:55

have them with passion fruit squeezed over...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

MyTwopenceworth Sat 25-Aug-07 19:02:04

Although I suspect she now has another suggestion as to what the OP may do with her mangoes. wink

FrannyandZooey Sat 25-Aug-07 19:02:17

Actually can I state right now that I DO like people making jokes when I am asking for advice. As long as they are friendly jokes and not at my expense. Which I don't think this was.

I had a lovely mango this morning. Where are they 3 for £1?

Lullabyloo Sat 25-Aug-07 19:02:31

<<<<snigger>>>

policywonk Sat 25-Aug-07 19:04:10

<slaps Rhubarb around the head>

I am learning lots of interesting things about mangoes.

thievingmagpie Sat 25-Aug-07 19:15:30

<snort>

unknownrebelbang Tue 28-Aug-07 09:11:25

So fedda, what did you do with the mangoes?

chopster Tue 28-Aug-07 09:13:04

make fruity caramel sauce for over cheesecake or icecream.

I make soup with alphonso mangos, sort of sweet and sour thingy, it's rather tasty.

bran Tue 28-Aug-07 09:34:28

I was going to post my all-time favourite, very easy mango recipie, but now I'm tempted just to tell a joke instead. grin

Q. What is a feminist's favourite non-phallic fruit?
A. Mango

unknownrebelbang Tue 28-Aug-07 16:59:29

lol

fedda Tue 28-Aug-07 17:08:23

I was too busy reading all your jokes so at the end I just decided to eat them one a day. i wish i had some good recipes though. I didn't know that it would make you all laugh. I even though of changing my name because probably whateve I ask now will receive the same reception and if I don't like it you'll just say that I don't have a sence of humour. I don't recall anyone else having such responce with jokes instead of the answer. okay, you can start laughing. It's soooooo funny, isn't it?

roisin Tue 28-Aug-07 17:08:34

I love eating mangoes in the bath, just chomping the flesh straight off the skin, and letting the juice dribble down my face, and neck, and .... TMI I think!

Doing anything to them would be sacrilege.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now