My Mnetted chicken

(16 Posts)
IHaveBrilloHair Wed 10-Feb-16 18:17:44

Right, it's done, final meal just been had.
As with the gammon, you probably won't be full on the chicken part of the meal, and each meal had two plates, DD is 14 and just the two of us.
It's not the best quality, I get that, I also don't do food ethics, so if you do then of course the price will be higher.

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 10-Feb-16 18:44:32

Thai red chicken, sweet potato and peanut curry, spring onion udon noodles and sweet and sour pineapple

MingZillas Wed 10-Feb-16 18:45:22

That looks nice! Did you cook it in the slow cooker?

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 10-Feb-16 18:46:44

Spicy chicken goujons, chips, pickles and dips

Silvertap Wed 10-Feb-16 18:49:42

Can I come to dinner at your house please - they look AMAZING!!

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 10-Feb-16 18:49:51

Chicken egg foo yung, Chinese sausage and tofu stick stir fry, green bean Miso soup and rice

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 10-Feb-16 18:51:17

Matzo ball soup, using some of the stock

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 10-Feb-16 18:53:35

Chicken and mushroom risotto, using more stock, chicken shreds, dried mushrooms for flavour and the deep fried skin to garnish

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 10-Feb-16 18:55:16

Veg and barley broth with the last of the stock, with chicken and stuffing rolls.

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 10-Feb-16 19:06:50

Yes Ming, in the slow cooker.

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 11-Feb-16 16:06:10

Beef joint is next, have cooked it today, first meal this evening then will portion it up to freeze.

Allalonenow Thu 11-Feb-16 18:26:12

They all look fab! And so inventive too!
I especially like the chicken egg fu yung meal, have you got a recipe for it?

I used to do very standard things with my left over chicken, pasta Alfredo, chicken and mushroom vol au vents, Chinese chicken noodle soup, yours are much more creative smile

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 11-Feb-16 18:54:48

I used the method and rough quantities from rasamalaysia.com/egg-foo-young/2//here
I'm making it again tomorrow, this time with just beansprouts, spring onion and red chilli, there'll be other dishes too for Chinese New Year which I didn't get round to on Monday
It's no more work than an omelette really, chuck some rice and salad on the side and you have a pretend interesting meal!

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 11-Feb-16 18:56:28

Oh, fucked that link up.
rasamalaysia.com/egg-foo-young/2/

Allalonenow Thu 11-Feb-16 21:10:17

Oh thanks for that link, I'll have a read tomorrow when my brain is in gear!
Yes I did a Chinese meal to celebrate New Year, something to brighten up this miserable wet February!

Have you watched Rick Stein, a Taste of Shanghai on BBC? Some fab ideas!

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 11-Feb-16 21:33:52

I've got it on my Sky planner to watch, but have his Far Eastern Oddysey book and have never had a failure from it.
Actually, that book and the site I linked to are my go tos for Asian cooking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now