NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

I have offered to cook for a small group of people.

(7 Posts)
FrankSpenser Tue 21-May-13 13:05:06

...This has to be:

Easily transportable.
Must be eaten cold/room temp as there are no facilities to heat the food up.
Tasty

I'm thinking pasta-something-or-other, with squishy bakers bread, a salad, colslaw?....

Naff with pasta though.

Help!

crispsarenotoneofyour5aday Tue 21-May-13 13:09:21

These always go down well and are lovely at room temperature

roasted peppers

Mitchy1nge Tue 21-May-13 13:11:09

CAPONATA

maybe with anchovies? yum

hungry

I made this recently for a picnic and it was really nice (and cheap). You could do a bit of an Italian style spread and get some mozzarella, parma ham, antipasto etc. to go with it.

cocoplops Tue 21-May-13 13:16:36

www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/fish-and-seafood/salmon/salmon-steaks-with-avocado-and-creme-fraiche-sauce.html

Poached salmon (room temp or cold) with a creme fraiche n avocado sauce, new potato salad with a herby
Vinaigrette and a salad?

Allalonenow Tue 21-May-13 13:18:13

Those peppers sound super!
They would go with a cous-cous with olives and cucumber.

Add a cheese board with some grapes, then a simple fruit tart or summer berries and cream.

21mealspluscake Tue 21-May-13 14:07:37

Roasted peppers, hummus, grated carrot, cucumber, baby plum tomatoes, sliced beetroot, sprouted seeds like alfalfa are all lovely in whatever combination if you take pita breads to stuff. Also fairly cheap and easy to make, add cake or chocolate brownies, a punnet of strawberries and a bunch of grapes. Get someone else to bring the wine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now