make ahead dinner party recipies?

(6 Posts)
CuriousMama Mon 18-Mar-13 19:36:23

They're veggie Maraki.

Maraki Mon 18-Mar-13 19:34:30

Smoked salmon with horseradish mayonaise and salad for starter, beef bourguignon (or other casserole type dish) with rice (cooks while you are having drinks and starters) and vegetables. Brownies or chocolate torte baked the day before with ice cream.

CuriousMama Mon 18-Mar-13 19:24:26

Nice served with fresh bread.

OloeufiaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 18-Mar-13 19:17:13

<lurk>
I love a plan-ahead I do.

purples Mon 18-Mar-13 19:05:29

Do you have a slow cooker?? There are some fantastic vegetarian recipes that can be made in advance: curries, bean chillies, stew with dumpling etc. The advantage is you can set it up in the morning and its ready whenever you need it, even if guests arrive a little early , or late!

TheSlug Mon 18-Mar-13 17:14:17

Hi all, I was wondering if you can help me. My DH has invited two of his friends over for dinner on Friday. The problem is that we won't be home until after 8pm. We suggested going out for dinner, but they don't have they money for that (fine, they were invited over for dinner) So I need a menu which I can make in advance and finish off/ warm up on Friday evening? It's not as straight forward as that either! It needs to be veggie, no cream, and not crunchy... Sigh.
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now