Whole chicken on Monday

(4 Posts)
AGiddyKipperInOneHand Tue 19-Mar-13 12:48:22

I often roast several chickens midweek, the one we eat that night I cover with spices and some honey and we eat it with rice and favourite veggies.

fallenempires Tue 19-Mar-13 12:10:44

Realise it's late now but JO's Empire Chicken is worth trying another time.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 19-Mar-13 09:47:53

Realise it's Tuesday but, another time, how about pot-roasting it?

Pot Roast Chicken with Bacon, Lentil and Bean Broth Brown a typical oven-ready chicken all over in a large cast-iron casserole dish and set aside. Fry off 1/2lb bacon lardons, 2 onions, crushed garlic and a chopped whole head of celery in the juices. Add about 4oz green lentils, just cover with about a pint of hot water, then sit the chicken on top and season well with pepper (no salt because the bacon will provide that). Put on a lid and bake at Gas 4 for about 1.5 hours. When cooked, set the chicken aside under foil and add some chopped parsely and a can of drained cannellini beans to the broth. Heat through and check the seasoning.

Serve the broth in wide dishes with chunky pieces of the chicken on top.

MrsHoarder Mon 18-Mar-13 15:24:10

Any idea what to so with a while chicken for a Monday dinner? We had a roast yesterday but had guests so no leftovers. Therefore I've got a chicken to give me leftovers for the well but have no idea what to do with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now