What can you do with a pineapple

(20 Posts)
CheeseStrawWars Sun 24-Feb-13 17:19:20

Hawaiian kebabs: chicken, chunks of pineapple and sweet peppers on a stick. Marinade in pineapple juice/soy/ginger/brown sugar before grilling. Serve in pitta or with rice smile

Rattitude Sun 24-Feb-13 17:15:07

Chop into cubes; throw a few in a container with some berries, a bit of yoghurt and milk to make a lovely smoothie

almostanotherday make sure you make a hedgehog! You can't just put the cheese and pineapple on sticks and eat it.

I made a pineapple jalfrezi once (as a student. Had a tin of pineapple and a jar of jalfrezi sauce and nothing else). It was actually fairly tasty.

Or use it in sweet and sour chicken/pork/prawns.

almostanotherday Sun 24-Feb-13 17:11:01

Cheese and pineapple on sticks smile off to make some now smile

notnowImreading Sun 24-Feb-13 17:04:21

Bash fresh mint leaves into sugar so it all goes green then sprinkle over the pineapple. Do not eat the whole pineapple in one go because it will make your mouth bleed (voice of greed experience).

lessemin Sun 24-Feb-13 17:01:18

Rub a cut chilli on a slice and add sea salt.

NorbertDentressangle Sun 24-Feb-13 16:58:21

Just get a pineapple corer/slicer from Lakeland and enjoy the ease at which you can prepare it, eat it fresh and then buy another pineapple to prepare the same way.

Can you tell I'm mighty impressed with my gadget?!

KnittedCharacter Sun 24-Feb-13 16:58:14

I chop pineapple up and put it in my chilli con carne and fajhitas too.

BigGiantCowWithAKnockKnockTail Sun 24-Feb-13 16:57:44

Slice the pineapple and with some fresh mint crushed up with caster sugar. Mouth wateringly good smile

SingingSands Sun 24-Feb-13 16:56:57

Cheese and pineapple toasties. My absolute fav smile

Pineapple fritters with ice cream?

Serve with gammon steaks, chips and peas?

Taffeta Sun 24-Feb-13 16:56:14

Pineapple sorbet
Or very thinly slice it, drool over pulp seeds and juice of 2 passion fruit, a dribble of orange juice, then cling film the platter and leave in fridge for a couple of hours for flavours to meld.

BertieBotts Sun 24-Feb-13 16:56:00

Hahaha Egg grin

You can make pineapple fritters too. Just make pancake mix, dip pineapple rings/slices in, fry in hot oil, serve hot with honey drizzled over.

Pan fry slices in butter and serve with a caramel sauce.

Chop into cubes, put onto cocktail sticks with cubes of cheese and then put them into half a grapefruit covered in foil grin

berryfreeze Sun 24-Feb-13 16:49:39

Not that creative but pineapple upsidedown cake, with glace cherries in the ring, I remember making it at school smile

BertieBotts Sun 24-Feb-13 16:47:10

Chop into chunks, stir in greek yoghurt and add passionfruit seeds. It's lovely and the yoghurt takes the sharpness away from the pineapple.

I've also seen a recipe on how to barbecue it which sounds amazing, but have never tried this.

1996timeforchange Sun 24-Feb-13 16:45:59

OK, you wonderful people, please inspire me with your wonderful knowledge on how to be creative with fresh pineapple

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now