I spend a small fortune on Organix. What toddler snacks do you make?

(30 Posts)
KatherineKrupnik Mon 11-Feb-13 15:39:27

As above... I spend a small fortune on various Organix products for my kids. Particularly those baked corn things - carrot sticks, cheese & herb puffs, & the oaty fruit bars. I also have a minor investment in those marmite rice cakes...

Any suggestions for make at home alternatives?

FuriousRox Mon 11-Feb-13 17:08:25

Dd eats no fresh fruit whatsoever but will eat apple rings and raisind and dried cranberries (she's posh, she is).
She also loves organix oat bars. I ought to make my own fruity flapjacks but I have a new baby - and I'm bloody lazy.

I'm saving up to buy a breadstick factory. I figure it's got to be cheaper than the endless tubs of the little buggers that my two get through.

babybels... honestly don't see the problem though, and have survived 3 toddlers, don't bake them special snacks and can't buy anything like Organix in this country... If you just read the ingredients on bread sticks, rice cakes, cheese etc not directly marketed at adults you pay about 1/3 for the same thing in a bigger pack... :/ Fruit also frequently comes in its own packaging very easy to pick up and go - the banana being a splendid example... grin :/

multitask Tue 12-Feb-13 11:21:47

20 years ago when my oldest was a baby my mother was appalled at me spending money on such stuff (don't even rememeber what it was back then but Boots likely sold it) she said there's nothing wrong with a few crusts of bread!! hmm

KatherineKrupnik Wed 13-Feb-13 19:23:46

It's the sense of excitement the kids have at the crinkling of the packet & the small items contained within! Buys me lots of time when they are in the bike trailer that a sandwich or banana doesn't (an apple does as it takes a while to eat!) setting up small pots of subs feels time consuming & I rely heavily on fried fruit when I do so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now