NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Flat mushroom

(10 Posts)
Heyybaby Sat 02-Feb-13 23:48:27

I bought some of those big flat mushrooms what u can put fillings in, but don't know what fillings to put. Can anyone help with ideas please. Thanks

tinygreendragon Sun 03-Feb-13 00:29:24

Bacon & cheddar/brie
Cheddar/stilton & onion
Peppercorn sauce

I top them with creme fraiche wilted spinach, bacon bits and a poached egg for breakfastsmile

Thistledew Sun 03-Feb-13 09:34:58

I like to grill them with a couple of blobs of butter, some grated ginger and a drizzle of soy sauce.

dashoflime Sun 03-Feb-13 09:41:23

Since it's Sunday: Nutroast or stuffing, topped with cheese

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 03-Feb-13 10:16:47

A little cooked quinoa grain or rice is nice. Carefully trim and remove the stalks and chop finely. Add this to the rice/quinoa with some grated Cheshire cheese, crushed garlic, chopped tomato and parsley. Pile it back into the mushroom caps and bake in a moderate oven for about 20 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through and the topping is toasted.

I like to roast them with breadcrumbs, paremsan, parsely and garlic.

Ruffello Sun 03-Feb-13 21:14:06

I like to make This vegetarian 'steak' sandwich with portobello mushrooms. Yum!

Ruffello Sun 03-Feb-13 21:57:05

Sorry.. Having trouble with links! Vegetarian steak sandwich recipe here. www.riverford.co.uk/sacrewell/recipes/recipes/by:category/quick_ideas/mushroom-steak-sandwich/

bigbadbarry Sun 03-Feb-13 22:02:04

Minced chicken with some herbs, spring onions, that sort of thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now