NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Frugal February

(2 Posts)

Saw a thread in chat but there isn't one here.

I've got a 200 quid food budget for February.

I need to use up what's in the cupboards and freezer. I have already spent 50 of it shock

I've planned meals for next week, all I need to buy is bread, milk, limes and coriander

Is anyone else trying to stick to a strict budget?

Thingymajigs Sat 02-Feb-13 07:57:36

Yes, I am. I don't know my budget exactly but I want to spend as little as possible. I needed to buy ingredients that I could make lots of different meals with from scratch. I've bought herb plants, rice and pastas, dried herbs and spices, tinned tomatoes and I'm stocked up on frozen fish, chicken breasts, mince, sausages etc.
I've decided to make this a fun exercise in frugal living and have found lots of new recipes to try. I've also planned the meals out to incorporate leftovers and to use up what we have in the cupboards. Time to use up all the jars and tins that are collecting dust.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now