Can anyone help me? Simple valentines day meal....

(8 Posts)
Mum2Fergus Thu 31-Jan-13 21:35:27

Im doing sirloin steak, proper chips, mushrooms and peppercorn sauce.

I'm making boeuf bourginon for dh for valentines. Is sooo easy as all you do is chop stuff and bung it in a casserole dish in the oven for hours. I use the Nigel Slater recipe that comes up if you google it.
Buy a pud, m and s def have the best and will do pretty heart shaped pots and stuff next week.

OldBeanbagz Thu 31-Jan-13 10:27:32

You'll probably find that M&S will have a special 'Valentines dine in for £15' deal on.

If not how about looking at the BBC Good Food site. They have a selection of recipes for Valentine Day.

Was drooling over the pheasant breast a l'orange myself until i remebered that DH is working away that week sad

RooMoo Thu 31-Jan-13 08:48:51

I have about 3 hours 2 prepare, DP doesn't like eggs or cheese hmm

RooMoo Thu 31-Jan-13 08:47:37

I didn't think of M&S. Neither of us have tried their food but have heard its gorgeous.

That maybe an idea.

I would do spag Bol but I do that quite a bit (out of a jar) getting a bit bored of that now.

Thank you both smile

Pate with toast to start, spag bol for main course and something from the chilled section for dessert. Or if you're cooking really is that bad then M&S or Waitrose special deals.

jennimoo Thu 31-Jan-13 08:21:07

I expect marks and Spencer's will have their offer on ;)

What sort of food do you and DP like? And how much time to prepare will you have?

RooMoo Thu 31-Jan-13 08:17:25

I want 2 make a lovely meal for my DP for valentines day, but I'm useless at cooking. It's a running joke in my family that I'm not the best.

.Looking for something simple, easy yet yummy grin.

Can anyone help me. Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now