Can the sponge bit of Sticky Toffee Pudding be made the day before?

(11 Posts)
Snowstorm Sun 27-Jan-13 15:22:03

Okay - will be sure to let it get cold first then. Thank you!

EmpireBiscuit Sat 26-Jan-13 22:50:21

Cakes tend to go a bit of an odd consistency - I guess there is dampness created which changes it (or something more scientific)!

Snowstorm Sat 26-Jan-13 22:21:34

Ooops, I mean EmpireBiscuit ...

Snowstorm Sat 26-Jan-13 22:20:51

What happens if it isn't cool enough before you put it into a tin EmireBiscuit?

Claxonia Sat 26-Jan-13 18:31:33

Or you could freeze it. Works v well.

Snowstorm Sat 26-Jan-13 18:26:21

Okay - many thanks!

EmpireBiscuit Sat 26-Jan-13 18:23:24

Yup - I would do it a couple of minutes at a time until you're happy with it! Just make sure the pudding is good and cool before you put it in the tin overnight (I made this mistake with a roulade over Christmas).

Totally in the mood for some STP now!

Snowstorm Sat 26-Jan-13 18:19:58

So I could make the sponge section the day before and put it in airtight tin overnight. Transfer it into a presentable dish the next day and then whack it in the microwave for .... (how many?) minutes? Then pour the sauce on (made on the actual day) at the last moment and then serve with ice cream or crème fraiche.

Does that sound okay?

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sat 26-Jan-13 18:11:46

I would think so.
I made sticky toffee pudding on Christmas day, and it tasted fine having been reheated in the microwave on boxing day. we prefer cold creme anglais on the side.

EmpireBiscuit Sat 26-Jan-13 18:11:36

Yup, it keeps really well. I generally warm mine through in the microwave before serving.

I serve mine with some cream, or naice ice cream (or both).

Snowstorm Sat 26-Jan-13 18:10:10

Also, would you serve it with crème fraiche or cream or posh ice-cream in addition to it's sauce?

TIA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now