NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Safety - reheating a casserole made from yesterday's roast chicken

(5 Posts)
northender Tue 22-Jan-13 22:53:43

Yay. All survived grin

carbalanche Tue 22-Jan-13 22:06:30

OK, it cooled down to lukewarm and sat for an hour or so then I cooked it up making sure it got very hot and ate it. All family survived with no ill effects smile

carbalanche Mon 21-Jan-13 14:50:35

Right I've just switched it off and popped the dumplings on top. It's been cooked in a Le Creuset so it should retain a decent amount of heat for a while. I suppose I could decant it and put it in a pan in a sink of cold water but I think by the time I've cooled it down enough it will be time to heat it up again! It tastes really delicious BTW.

northender Mon 21-Jan-13 14:14:49

I would. I'd just make sure I'd cooled it quickly ie dish/pan in cold water. Then when reheating make sure it's heated up to boiling point.

carbalanche Mon 21-Jan-13 14:09:47

I just made a casserole using the remaining chicken from yesterday's roast. It's on the hob and has been cooking away for the past 2 hours. I thought that i was getting ahead of the game and that I would just reheat it at about 6pm and pop some dumplings on top. BUT this means I will be reheating, reheated meat won't it? Is this a no-no? I'd be gutted if I had to chuck it all!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now