What fabulous recipes have you discovered recently?

(3 Posts)
TheWheelies Mon 31-Dec-12 14:45:11

Sounds delicious wrenster. I'll do a curry this evening but would love the full recipe for your pork loin dish as I really need some new food 'repertoire'. I tend to do the same things over and over now.

wrenster Mon 31-Dec-12 12:54:59

I recently discovered an amazing pork dish (and I'm not normally a fan either!) hubby requests it all of the time. It is from the Fay Ripley, family food.

Marinade pork tenderloin in maple syrup, ginger, orange juice, 5 spice, garlic for as long as you can. Dry fry the tenderloin minus the marinade and when browned pop on the oven for 20-30 mins.

When done, wrap in foil to rest and make the sauce. Put some cornflour into the left over marinade and heat to thicken adding some chicken stock - you need to do this for at least 10 mins to ensure it is boiling,

I serve mine over a baked sweet pot and g beans and broccoli, but you could have it with anything once the sauce is drizzled over the pork.

If you like the sound of it, I can give you the exact recipe.

TheWheelies Mon 31-Dec-12 11:48:11

DP is working today and as I'm off I'd like to cook him a nice meal. Have you any recipe ideas you've recently tried and found to be fabulous? We had chicken last night so would like to avoid that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now