NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Would you cook a turkey crown in the slow cooker

(12 Posts)

Amazing. Thank you. winethanks

dreamingofsun Mon 24-Dec-12 17:49:48

6-10lb or 2.7-4.5kg is 20 min lb and 20 min over. if 10-18lb or 4.5kg-8.1kg allow 15 min per lb and 15 min over. preheat oven to 425/220c/gas 7 for first 40 mins and then turn heat to 325/170/mark 3 for remainder. remove foil for last 40 mins turn heat to 400/200/gas 6 and baste often.

it is so easy. just check there are no gaps in foil for steam to escape.

hope you have a lovely time

Bunbaker Mon 24-Dec-12 16:08:08

I have a turkey crown as well and would like timings and temp. It weighs 1.25 kilo (2lb 12 oz).

Amazing!!! How many mins per lb?grin

dreamingofsun Mon 24-Dec-12 09:42:37

staine - easiest way to cook turkey is to lay 2 layers on foil on baking tray and then wrap it around turkey to form a tent - make sure there's no gaps, but room for steam to move around inside. it then steams itself and you just have to remove for last 30 mins and baste. make sure you dab a load of butter/marg on first.

if you want i can give you timings and oven temps. i always do it like this

dreamingofsun Mon 24-Dec-12 09:40:20

i use my slow cooker lots for all sorts of things. one thing i can't do is whole chicken - so no i wouldn't - it might end up raw in middle and dry on outside - and then you have wasted loads of food and nothing to eat - too risky

I don't even like turkey! Surely there is a hassle free delicious way to prepare it? And also a pot of gold at the bottom of my garden?

bureni Sun 23-Dec-12 09:54:21

No, the crown would probably dry out if cooked slowly.

No liquor or herbs or anything? Would you stick it in the oven to crisp up a bit before serving?

sashh Sun 23-Dec-12 04:35:58

Yep I'd just stick it in on it's own.

Oh, no, that's not all. What recipe would you use!

For Christmas dinner?
That is all. Tia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now