Vegan biscuit recipe, anyone?

(8 Posts)
ComeAlongPond Fri 21-Dec-12 12:19:00

Does anyone have a recipe for vegan biscuits? Am making a batch of ginger biscuits for Christmas eve and have just found out one of the little visitors is on an egg-free, dairy-free diet while they try to work out what he's allergic to. Seems a shame for him to miss out, especially at Christmas, so if anyone has any idea how to make a vegan biscuit that would be really helpful.

Thank you smile

bluesky Fri 21-Dec-12 12:28:15

I use the basic biscuit recipe from The Intolerant Gourmet (website and book)

For the dough:

125g Pure Sunflower Spread
75g soft light brown sugar
150g Doves gluten free plain flour
75g Doves gluten free self-raising flour
(but you could just use the usual flours)

You could add some cinnamon or ginger to the mixture, vanilla extract, currants, dairy free choc chips, orange zest etc

Cream the spread and sugar until light and creamy, sift in the flour and combine, make a loose dough.

Roll into balls approx 2.5cm diameter, lay out onto lined baking sheets, flatten the balls with a fork, bake in the oven for 15-17 mins until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. (Oven 170c/325g/Gas3)

Best eaten on the day of baking (but can be put in an airtight container for a day).

ComeAlongPond Fri 21-Dec-12 12:43:49

Excellent, thank you.

I normally use this Be-Ro recipe and substitute with dairy free spread and soya milk.

mslicketysplit Sun 30-Dec-12 11:00:24

I love this one.
Half cup molasses, quarter cup maple syrup, 3 tbsp coconut oil, 1tbsp coconut milk, 3 cups almond flour, half tsp cinnamon, half tsp ginger, half tsp cloves, half tsp nutmeg, half tsp salt and half tsp bicarbonate of soda.
Preheat oven to 170 then boil molasses in a pan. Add syrup, coconut oil and milk. Combine dry ingredients then add to the wet(off heat sorry! ) put dough in the fridge for twenty minutes then roll out between sheets of grease proof paper. Cut into shapes and bake for ten minutes.
May sound a bit of a faff but they are soooooo good and healthyish too!

mslicketysplit Sun 30-Dec-12 11:01:01

I love this one.
Half cup molasses, quarter cup maple syrup, 3 tbsp coconut oil, 1tbsp coconut milk, 3 cups almond flour, half tsp cinnamon, half tsp ginger, half tsp cloves, half tsp nutmeg, half tsp salt and half tsp bicarbonate of soda.
Preheat oven to 170 then boil molasses in a pan. Add syrup, coconut oil and milk. Combine dry ingredients then add to the wet(off heat sorry! ) put dough in the fridge for twenty minutes then roll out between sheets of grease proof paper. Cut into shapes and bake for ten minutes.
May sound a bit of a faff but they are soooooo good and healthyish too!

Lauralovesbaking Thu 28-Mar-13 20:27:57

I'm not sure if you want gingerbread men biscuits, but I found a pretty good recipes for that that i'm sure the kids will love heavenlyveganbaking.wordpress.com/2013/03/26/vegan-gingerbread-men-well-sheep-actually/ sorry if it wasn't quite what you were looking for, but I couldn't find something more like a traditional biscuit. Good luck!

I make healthy oaty biscuits, they are lovely and crunchy

75g (3oz) plain flour
1/2 a level tsp bicarbonate of soda
75g (3oz) demerara sugar
75g (3oz) porridge oats
75g (3oz) of dairy free margarine
1 tbsp golden syrup
Put the plain flour in a bowl with half a level teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda.

Add the demerara sugar and porridge oats and stir together.

Heat the marg in a pan with a tablespoon of golden syrup.

Mix wet into dry and roll it into small balls (you should have about 24).

Set them well apart on a greased baking tray and bake at gas mark 3/ 160 C for 7 to 15 minutes, depending on your oven, until golden brown.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now