NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Jamie Oliver fish pie?

(9 Posts)
paneer Wed 19-Dec-12 14:06:21

The MoF one is my fave dish.
I do freeze it and it is OK. But not often as I tend to eat the whole lot.

Owlfright Thu 13-Dec-12 09:54:42

I have made this several times, it's lovely and not watery.

I would really like to make one and freeze it, but I'm I not sure wether it would work (and wether I should cook it first or not).

If anyone could share a good fish pie recipie for freezing I would be very grateful!

Hiya well I made a version of it and it was delish - put chunks of salmon, smoked haddock and cod in a dish, put grated carrot, mushrooms and spinach leaves on top (none of this pre-cooked by the way), dobbed on some creme fraiche, topped with mash and grated cheese, baked in oven for about 30 mins or so. Lovely.

Bakingnovice Mon 10-Dec-12 13:10:33

Can you use creme fraiche instead of cream? just trying to be a but healthier for kids. Would half cream half creme fraiche work?

Also if you don't precook the fish will it cook
Ok in the oven? It won't be too watery?

I'm trying to get my kids to eat more fish do this recipe would be great.

TeamSledward Sun 09-Dec-12 21:31:02

I use this one as you don't need to make a sauce. I do stir in a small tub of creme fraiche though.

HappyHippyChick Sun 09-Dec-12 21:27:12

Recipe and method here

CBuzz Sun 09-Dec-12 21:12:35

Think it's in return of the naked chef. It's scrummy, with hard boiled eggs and spinach, and a creamy cheesy sauce.

InNeedOfBrandyButter Sat 08-Dec-12 17:03:46

Have you tried googling it? Last time I made fish pie I googles for a recipe and his came up.

A friend once made me this lovely fish pie, you just put the fish in a dish without poaching and topped it with things - I seem to recall spinach was one of the things. I can't find the recipe and friend not around for me to ask. Does anyone know it? Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now