Idoit Proof Receipies

(3 Posts)

My lo likes cutting, so I usually let her loose on mushrooms, which now go in everything as then she feels like she's.contributed to the meal. Also cutting spring onions into a dish with scissors. Little.things that make her feel involved, preparing the herbs adding pepper etc.

nextphase Tue 13-Nov-12 21:32:29

1-2-3 biscuits.
cream 1oz (yes, I'm old) of sugar and 2oz of butter in a bowl. Mix in 3 oz of plain flour. (or 50g, 100g, 150g). Add a little gorund ginger or cocoa for flavour if you'd like.
Roll out on a floured surface, and cut out biscuits. Cook 10 mins at 180 deg C. Can be iced if required.

Mine also like making banana cake. Get them to slice a banana into the bottom of a cake tin (those silicon ones work well for this). Pour over some posh toffee sauce. The add a cake made from 4oz (100g) marg, 4oz (100g) sugar, 2 eggs and 4oz (100g) of SR flour. Cook in oven, and allow to cool. They love cutting things.

Enjoy!

WelcomeOneAndAll Tue 13-Nov-12 20:47:23

I would like to do some cooking with my very young lo.

They can (with my help) crack eggs with only getting half the shell in the mixture, stir the ingredients, etc for pancakes.

With this in mind I thought I'd try:

- no yeast pizza base
- steak pie
- apple pie
- scones

However, I need idiot proof receipies (for my benefit as I'm an ok cook) which they could assist me with.

Can anyone help with these?

Also, do you cook other things with your lo? Can I have your receipe to try with mine?

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now