Nut roast recipe anyone?

(10 Posts)
lolalotta Thu 08-Nov-12 15:21:11

That was meant to say 1 dessert spoonful! Oh and it serves 4 if you are having it as part of a large roast dinner with all the trimmings!

lolalotta Thu 08-Nov-12 15:12:25

Hello Mama! So for the lentil roast you cook 6oz of green lentils until soft (but not too mushy!) then leave to drain thoroughly and then mash. Into that you stir a small cooked onion/ clove of garlic chopped finely/ about 6 or so mushrooms peeled and chopped thickly/ half a red or green pepper chopped/ I generous large desert spoonful of tomato purée and a tsp of mixed dried herbs. Mix well, spoon into Pyrex dish and top with a nice full flavoured cheese, I like extra strong! Cook for 25 mins at about 200 degrees (180 degrees fan oven) and then serve! It's lovely with roast potatoes and gravy! It's an old family recipe, doesn't look like much but tastes lovely! grin

mamaLou13 Wed 07-Nov-12 20:10:32

Looking forward to the lentil roast recipe. Thanks will check out the mushroom wellington.

lolalotta Mon 05-Nov-12 21:19:58

Hello!!!! Here is the recipe for mushroom wellington! www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/12804/melty-mushroom-wellingtons
Will be back tomorrow with lentil roast recipe! grin

nellyjelly Mon 05-Nov-12 20:53:33

Yes lentil recipe here please and mushroom wellington. I love nut roast but DS is allergic so we can't have nuts in the house.

mamaLou13 Mon 05-Nov-12 20:51:35

ooh thanks. lolalotta. Yes i would love to see your lentil roast recipe please. Mushroom wellington sounds yummy too! Don't know if my cooking skills are good enough to do that though! Thanks again for replies ... really helpful.

FrightRunScream Sun 04-Nov-12 06:09:00

Forgot egg! Add that with the nuts and cranberries.

FrightRunScream Sun 04-Nov-12 06:04:34

Simple and yummy nut roast:

2 boxes of chestnut stuffing
2 packets of chopped nuts of your choice.
Handful of dried cranberries (optional).
,An egg

Make stuffing according to.instructions on packet. Stir in nuts and cranberries. Put in loaf tin and cook according to instructions on stuffing packet.

lolalotta Sun 04-Nov-12 05:57:16

Hello, been veggie my whole life but never made a nut roast so can't help there! We do do a lentil roast if that is any help that is tasty or BBC good food do a mushroom Wellington with puff pastry that looks really good! Let me know if you would like my recipe for lentil roast!

mamaLou13 Sat 03-Nov-12 19:48:07

Hi, I am looking for a nut roast recipe for xmas (without peanuts) i have never made it before so wouldn't mind something simple to try first of all then something a bit more fancy for the big day. hope you can help. Its our first veggie xmas.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now