NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Lunchbox suggestions for puff pastry?

(10 Posts)
TellMeLater Mon 05-Nov-12 21:44:37

Like the Vegemite rolls but use semi dried tomato paste instead of Vegemite to make pizza spirals!

seeker Tue 30-Oct-12 13:17:53

My DS likes Turnip Surprise. Roll it out. Scatter half with scraps of bacon and grated cheese. fold over, flatten with roiling pin, brush with egg and bake until the pastry is just done. Delicious.

mrsvilliers Tue 30-Oct-12 13:12:21

Yes it is and thank you!

Pootles2010 Tue 30-Oct-12 10:03:38

Is that your blog mrs? Its fab! Thanks for the link, will be very useful I think.

jennycrofter Tue 30-Oct-12 10:02:59

Fabulous. I was just a bit fed up with always making the same tart.

Great excuse to buy some vegemite! I love it, and haven't had any for ages!

mrsvilliers Tue 30-Oct-12 09:42:30

Agreed sounds delicious! I have a couple of quick savoury tarts and a very easy homemade sausage roll online. Here are he links if you're interested:
http://www.toddler-recipes.co.uk/courgette-tarts.html
http://www.toddler-recipes.co.uk/cheesy-potato-and-rosemary-tarts.html
http://www.toddler-recipes.co.uk/pork-apple-and-thyme-sausage-rolls.html

I personally can't get enough of puff pastry!

Pootles2010 Tue 30-Oct-12 09:23:21

Severed that sounds amazing!

Pootles2010 Tue 30-Oct-12 09:21:57

Any kind of pasty type thing - just make circles of pastry with cereal bowl or something, fill with something nice (whatever you have in!) fold over, egg wash & bake.

Any leftovers, make palmiers - roll it out like a rectangle, brush with some kind of flavouring, then some kind of sugar (lemon & caster sugar, or pecans & maple syrup work well) then fold the top long edge down to the middle, then the bottom long edge up to the middle (so they meet in the middle), then fold top to the bottom, so you have a long thin bit of pastry, then cut across every cm or so. Put them on their sides and bake them (give them plenty of room), they go into lovely heart shaped biscuity things. Like this sort of thing, but i fold rather than roll cos its easier!

SeveredCabbage Tue 30-Oct-12 09:16:36

This is what Australians make.

vegemite scrolls.

jennycrofter Tue 30-Oct-12 09:11:21

I have two packs of nice ready rolled puff pastry in the fridge, bought because they were on offer, but still not used. I'd really like to make some tasty bits for the DCs lunchboxes, but am a bit stuck.

Any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now