I want to like cauliflower!

(11 Posts)
TheseGoToEleven Fri 05-Oct-12 19:32:17

Roasted cauliflower is delicious. My veggie-phobic DD will even eat it.

BloooCowWonders Fri 05-Oct-12 19:30:46

Roast cauliflower and broccoli is lovely. Just drizzle a little olive oil over, and add garlic if you feel like it.

AndMiffyWentToSleep Fri 05-Oct-12 19:13:48

Roasting is the way!

javotte Fri 28-Sep-12 17:14:46

I also like the texture better raw, but DH thinks it isn't a proper dish this way.

humblebumble Fri 28-Sep-12 16:15:22

I really prefer it raw, dipped in hummus, or something garlicky. It doesn't have such a strong taste and the texture is better when raw.

However, curry is usually also very good (aloogobi?) as long as it isn't over cooked.

javotte Fri 28-Sep-12 16:11:04

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give the curry a try next time. smile

three options:
I've been served this in poland lots - breadcrumbs, fried in butter drizzled over boiled veg like cauliflower
What about bacon/mushroom/chestnut bits (I do this to disguise cabbage but might also work with cauliflower)
Finally - cauliflower aloo is a curry side dish we get from the indian sometimes

Cauliflower crust pizza
Sounds odd, but is really good.

foosty Fri 28-Sep-12 10:53:07

chop it up, drizzle with olive oil and some herbs or spices of your choice, and roast in the oven. Gorgeous.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Fri 28-Sep-12 10:51:24

It taste OK raw dipped in a nice sauce (not cheesy)/humous, or in very small bit in curries/stir fries.
Are you an hypertaster? In that case you will never like it no matter what you do to it.

javotte Fri 28-Sep-12 10:48:09

DH and DD like it, but I still haven't found a recipe that I like. Anything in cream / cheese / bechamel sauce reminds me of the cauliflower gratin my mother forced me to eat and makes me gag. How do you cook cauliflower?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now