What Delectable Dishes can I Make Using a Tin of Peaches??

(14 Posts)
moonblushtomato Tue 18-Sep-12 19:33:57

Savoury or sweet will do.

I'm sure Jamie Oliver did something involving Pork and Peaches but can't find it anywhere in our mountain of JO books.

Oh - also have a tin of mangoes....good old Aldi smile

moonblushtomato Wed 19-Sep-12 16:31:48

bump

Ruffello Thu 20-Sep-12 05:30:20
bunjies Thu 20-Sep-12 06:39:39

A favourite here is Sophie grigson's peach crumble. Absolutely has to be made with tinned and is scrummy.

Peach upside down cake

Peach clafoutis

lightrain Thu 20-Sep-12 07:03:16

I have an amazing recipe:
bill granger recipe

Says fresh peaches but I always use tinned.

mo88 Mon 24-Sep-12 13:25:33

I have made this recipe with tinned peaches. Gorgeous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F874xPPGUb8

ZuleikaD Mon 24-Sep-12 16:04:46

Peach brulee - peaches in a reasonably sized dish so they have room to move but not much, fill up with double cream until just tops of peaches visible, cover with lots of brown sugar, grill till sugar melts.

DilysPrice Mon 24-Sep-12 16:12:49

I do crumble with a tin of peaches and a frozen bag of mixed berries as the filling. V nice.

Kelbells Sat 29-Sep-12 18:27:57

Really simple hot peaches... Put the peaches in a casserole dish, cover each one with a knob of butter, sprinkle of Demerara, dash of cinnamon and cook in a hot oven. Serve with cream... Taste of my childhood!

ivykaty44 Sat 29-Sep-12 18:31:17

crush giner biccies and layer biccies, peaches, whipped cream, biccies mangoes whipped cream, biccies peaches whipped cream

then hundreds and thousands on the top with the last layer being cream - pop in fridge until pudding o 'clock

ravenAK Sat 29-Sep-12 18:36:25

Divide peaches between 4 plastic cups or beakers.

Whizz the following in the food processor: 100g flour, 50g sugar, 50g butter, tsp baking powder, tsp ginger, one egg, couple of glugs of milk.

Share between cups & microwave for 7 minutes - invert onto plates - steamed fruit puddings!

Also good with just a dollop of jam, marmalade or syrup in the bottom of the cup. Serve with ice cream, cream or custard.

Millie1 Sun 30-Sep-12 15:54:31

This is gorgeous even if the recipe is a bit vague!!

Drain peaches. Into the juice, pop chocolate chip cookies and let them turn to mush. How many you will need depends on how much juice you have! You need a soft dropping consistency - not too stiff. Usually around a packet of the Maryland cookies. Then, if so desired, stir in a generous splash of brandy and the reserved peach segments. Put into serving dish and leave in fridge for a few hours to let the flavours mingle. Top with softly whipped cream.

Mmmmm.

Haven't made this in years but will next weekend!

moonblushtomato Sun 30-Sep-12 19:46:29

Yum! These all sound very gorgeous indeed.........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now