Mars Bar Crispy Cakes - How do YOU make them?

(23 Posts)
IvantaOuiOui Fri 05-Oct-12 16:22:51

I've never used marshmallows in mine, may try it though. Have also made two birthday cakes using my recipe - once I did a giant fish and last year a cat, just mould into the shape you want and stick candles on it. Kids love it.

Why marshmallows? I agree with OuiOui - mars bars, butter, golden syrup, and cornflakes.

IvantaOuiOui Fri 05-Oct-12 14:49:15

Mars bars, butter, golden syrup, cornflakes for the absolute best ones.

Rockchick1984 Fri 05-Oct-12 11:32:40

100g of each of the following:
Mars bars (or dairy milk caramel)
Marshmallows
Butter
Rice crispies

Melt everything together then stir in the rice crispies - perfect!!

Catsmamma Wed 26-Sep-12 18:14:27

for each mars bar you want an ounce of everything else butter, syrup, krispies.

Simples! :D AND I put chocolate raisins into mine....but you do have to not let the melted stuff get too hot, or all the chocolate melts off the raisins. :D

cashmere Wed 26-Sep-12 18:09:48

olden syrup can only make them better!)

cashmere Wed 26-Sep-12 18:09:22

Glad it worked for you Brickle I think they get better after a couple of days as they soften slightly (I usually make a double batch though....) Will try adding golden syrup too (g

Brickle Wed 26-Sep-12 16:40:40

Cash made your Grans recipe and it was lovely, although I did add a tablespoon of golden syrup so it didn't go too hard - tasted just like the inside of a toffee crisp (yum yum)

NoillyPrat Sun 16-Sep-12 15:40:53

I'm going to have to make these next week!

ladymariner Thu 13-Sep-12 19:06:02

Melt as any mars bars as you like with the same amount of cups of rice cripies. Pour into tin, leave to cool, shovel down throat before anyone counts how many you made , enjoy one small one with a cuppa and let your family enjoy them......grin

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Thu 13-Sep-12 18:47:34

Toffee Crispies

90g butter
155g sugar
1 tin (397g) condensed milk
15ml (1 tbsp) golden syrup
Vanilla essence
60g rice crispies

Melt the butter and sugar together
Add the condensed milk and syrup and bring slowly to the boil
Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring continuously
When mixture reaches the soft-ball stage, remove from the heat and add the vanilla and rice crispies

I found this recipe recently and they are amazing! I pour melted dark chocolate over the top then, when it's set, I pour melted milk chocolate over that.

I am on a healthy eating regime for a month (only 4 days in) and am now desperately craving these but I know if I made them I would eat the lot blush

In my defense I was 14. I liked to experiment. Vodka on coco pops was slightly more successful.

Needing these. Now.

AWimbaWay Wed 12-Sep-12 21:59:08

Oh, and I still haven't made them because I went to sainsburys and forgot the mars bars hmm.

AWimbaWay Wed 12-Sep-12 21:58:00

Like the idea of golden syrup, not convinced about the brandy but might mean I don't have to share with the children.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 12-Sep-12 19:42:33

We add a bit og golden syrup so it doesnt set too hard

FrankWippery Wed 12-Sep-12 19:39:45

Brandy? No I imagine it wasn't. I add marshmallows because I am a greedy cow.

I dont bothewr with marshmallows.

When I was a teenager I tried making them with brandy. It wasnt very nice.

seabuckthorn Wed 12-Sep-12 17:59:05

I need these, I need these!

AWimbaWay Sat 08-Sep-12 11:23:58

Thank you, I'm off to the shop for mars bars now!

cashmere Sat 08-Sep-12 08:25:56

Gran's recipe
3 Mars Bars- melt with
3 ounces butter, stir in
3 ounces Rice Crispies
Press down and top with melted chocolate- gorgeous!

FrankWippery Sat 08-Sep-12 08:21:22

Melt mars bars and a few marshmallows (depending on how chewy you want them, mix crispies in, done. I don't bother with pouring any choc on top.

AWimbaWay Fri 07-Sep-12 12:29:12

I think I've been doing it wrong for years.

I melt marshmallows to mix with the rice crispies, flatten into tin then top with melted mars bars mixed with a little milk, leave to set.

I always thought the marshmallow bit was a pita, really sticky and difficult to flatten down without it all sticking to anything with a metre radius and then recently I have heard that I'm supposed to just mix the melted mars bars with the crispies and poor melted chocolate on top.

Which method do you use, fancy making some this weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now