i won't flounce - but

(11 Posts)

nobody ever ever ever sends me a pm and I have been here forever - not one.

actually I have never sent a pm. OK then - as you were. smile

juneybean Fri 30-Mar-12 12:29:30

grin

StopSwearingNagoo Fri 30-Mar-12 12:32:38

bigmouth you need to start PMing random people.

My favourite thing to do is to PM people if they were very funny but I am slow in reading the thread, and it would be weird to post on it 3 days after the event.

So I hand-deliver the grin face to them.

Give and you shall receive smile

wannaBe Fri 30-Mar-12 12:33:02

ah, now what you need to do is to jump on to a concentious thread whre there is lots of suggestion but no actual naming of individuals and then say, "will someone pm me?" wink

ProcrastinateWildly Fri 30-Mar-12 12:36:27

Yes wannaBe is right, if you request a pm, a nice person or people will send it to you. I have only got an unsolicited pm once, on a thread where I asked for support and someone tried to derail it.

to be honest I feel a bit uncomfortable with the over personalisation that PM'ing creates - I like the anonymity of posting randomly when the mood takes me and as stopswearing says posting a response/ appreciation of a particular post on the thread at the time.

But if someone diiid PM me I would be overjoyed obv. [adopts wheedling tone] to be fair it honestly doesn't occur to me to do it - so I can hardly complain grin s'pose it is not what I am here for.

DogEared Fri 30-Mar-12 12:43:01

Have PMed you! grin

thank you dog eared grin now I have to find it confused

stleger Fri 30-Mar-12 12:50:26

I got a pm a couple of weeks ago, first ever [flowers]

Wipes sweat from brow from replying to lovely PM's - thank you xx

Going to go now before I dissolve into a big needy puddle of neediness!

stleger Fri 30-Mar-12 12:51:01

Or thanks even!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now